Chapter 17: Second morning

It had only been 48 hours ever since the agreement of the SOG and Resistance to team up during the invasion of Ninjago. It's funny that in this little much of time, the team has gotten so far. Weapons were being repaired, the vaillant Bounty was soaring through the soft skies, Harumi realized the mistakes of her ways and the green ninja truly thought he has gotten his father back from the cruel and sombre world he has been forced to live in ever since the man got bitten by that vicious snake. It was around 6AM, a reasonable time for a ninja to be awake. The green-clad blonde gazed at the horizons, the soft breeze wafted through his seemingly golden-coloured hair. It was only the sunrise's effect.

He sighed and thought about such things: "A lot has happened so far, but can I really keep fighting? Everything is so overwhelming. Rumi's redemption, my reunion with the rest of the resistance as well as my father's change of heart" he murmured quietly. It was lucky for his case that no one responded, for no one was around. He only assumed that most of his teammates were asleep at this time. There was no rush nor major assaults coming their way so he didn't need to burst into their rooms to wake them up. He shut his eyes and leaned his head back. He took a light breath.
"I'm proud of everything we've done so far. I'm proud of my team." After pronouncing these words, he reopened his eyes and was met with the red skies reluctantly fading into a reasonable shade of orange. His hands were loosely removed from the fire-coloured railings of his beloved Bounty.

"I'm not surprised you're awake, Lloyd." A voice called out to him from behind. Tracking down the distance and how loud it resonated, he could only predict that it was coming from the center of the decking boards. There was a good 4 meter distance between the edge of the main deck and the middle, where the sewer drain was. Snapped out of his thoughts almost immediately, the green ninja turned around only to be faced with the familiar black haired female, in which her hair was elegantly tied into a bun. It seemed that she had time to fix it this morning. Usually, her buns were always roughly done or even undone since she was always out at war. Lloyd gave a weak smile and raised his hand gently to wave at her in this fine morning. "Hi Nya." He replied. She walked closer to him to close the gap, until she passed him and placed her two elbows on the railings.

She leaned her body forward so that her chest was pressed against the wooden rails. To give more support to her balance in case her hands' grasp gave up on her. Not only that but to make herself more comfortable. "You were just about to train, weren't you?" Nya didn't bother looking at Lloyd, but kept an eyebrow raised. The boy,who noticed her look of curiosity, nodded and rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed. "You bet I was. But I didn't know you'd be awake at this time." He responded. That earned him a swift nudge on his right shoulder. At first, Lloyd was surprised to why she did that until he noticed that her arms weren't on the rails anymore, but rather crossed. She gave a severe look at his statement. "Did you forget that I was a ninja as well? Remember, we usually trained with the others at this time." She spoke.
Lloyd rolled his eyes, to avoid eye contact with the black haired girl. "I didn't forget. I was just wondering." He blurted out quietly. Nya huffed: "Yeah yeah." She played along. However, it was obvious that she didn't buy his quick blurt.

There were a few minutes of silence between the two ninjas before the girl turned to the blonde who decided ever so slightly to position himself back beside her on the railings. She sighed, blowing a strand of her gorgeous raven-like hair away from her cerulean pearls that allowed her vision. "Something's on your mind, boy. I know it." She patted his shoulder again. Lloyd flinched at the contact once again which wasn't something the boy did often, but he did. Finally, trying not to keep her waiting long enough, he spoke with slight disappointment: "Yep, you guessed right." He said and glanced to his side. The sun got in his eyes. Nya covered her own eyes as a reflex and replied to his discouraged comment with an offer to talk about that thought.
"Come on, Tell me what's up? You can trust me Lloyd. I'm here to listen." She tried to convince him, succeeding at its last minutes. Lloyd agreed because he felt close to Nya. Like he could trust her, he really did see himself having an older sister whenever he was with her. He chuckled when she vocalized those words. "Go ahead and tell me everything that refrained you from staying positive at our current situation."
~~~~~~
The first part of the conversation was nothing new. It was just Lloyd's simple rambles on how the world thought that the green ninja was this perfect individual that was living their life to the fullest. Since he had to represent goodness and kindness, he couldn't snap back and unleash his anger at all those people who thought that way. Scream, wail, cry at them and proving them that his father's absence changed his mentality and choices in life entirely. He was a poor child. Abandoned by his own mother for his safety, ending off at a school for bad children just because he wanted to feel linked with his father again. He wanted to see what it felt like to act like the man every child relied to first. Later on, he discovered all of Ninjago would be dropped on his shoulders. He cared for these people too much, he couldn't drop the city from his shoulders and abandon everything. So even though he drank that tomorrow's tea back then, he kept fighting, but cried himself to sleep every night for he was still a lost child trying to do the right things for this world to keep existing.