Chapter141: Showdown up in flames

"Okay...I can do this...I think.."

Clenching her side in absolute pain, she winced as she yet again, she took another step forward. She didn't want to move in such a critical condition, but if she wanted to even remotely get a chance of getting out of here, she needed to at least try.

She toppled over when attempting to take a second step and groaned — practically to herself out of frustration. Everyone was out there, behind her, fighting for their lives. Yet here she was, the weakened Quiet one who couldn't even shut off the machine that was meant to help their enemies.

She knows that the others didn't want to fight, but after a long break from defeating the Oni prince. But this was her fault, she didn't make it back home with them after the tournament and now here was everyone, they were saving her.

She's gonna at least try and save them in return, right?

Finding a determination once more, she crawled closer to one of the walls in front of her. Blood gushed out of her wound, but she couldn't care less about that in the meantime. Her hand reached out to grab onto a hatch's handle to hopefully hoist herself back up, however, she spots too early that there was no lever of some sort.

Damn, how was she supposed to turn it off then?

It was shaking quite a lot in place, maybe it'll turn off on it's own? Nah, couldn't be. Harumi, not having much of an option here, simply waited to see if the loud cluster accompanying everyone's battle cries, would do anything. She knew that if not, she'd have to look around the machine for any signs of shutting it off.

She glanced to her left, a small frown appearing on her lips.

Yes, she must find a way this instant, then maybe, he'd stop looking at his team like that.

She was talking about Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, of course. He was alarmed as he shoved away his enemies. Her heart couldn't help but ache, knowing that he was panicking for her safety.

He knows that she was wounded but there were far too much backup to aid her right now. Oh how he wished that he helped her.

Inspecting the many cobwebs and the flicks for energy, she soon notices behind a spaghetti-wall of wires that there was a button. Huh, maybe this breaker wasn't so useless after all. Smiling, she stretched her hands further to shove the wires away from her view and hopefully reach for the button.

She didn't know what it did nor did it look trustworthy — but if there was a chance for her to get out of here, she must try everything.

Her fingers landed on the button,

Even if it was meant to self-destruct at a press of a button.

"I love you, Lloyd.." the white-haired girl smiles, her fingers applying force to the ominous red-button.

The cluster and the shaking of the machine stops all of a sudden.

~~~~~~~~

The resistance was fighting off the enemies in front of them. No matter what they did, they kept coming and coming.
It started to get boring now, in all honesty. Either, a kick, a punch and a stab to the gut with a sharp sword. How many guards did the spellcasters hire exactly?

No, why were they cowardly enough to stand in the back and blast spells off instead of coming forth?

Lloyd didn't have much time to think about it, as yet again, a green flame was directed towards him. Yelping, he clenched his sword and ducks, the flame hits the wall and it crumbles behind him.
He exhaled, relieved that flame didn't go through his chest.