Chapter74: The nightmare begins

"Stay away from my friends!"

The group fell silent as their eyes examined their lost teammate who had disappeared all those months ago. "Harumi?!" The group all exclaimed, a bit overwhelmed but definitely glad to see her safe and sound. But now, she was here to save them all. Though, it didn't stop the oni lord from chuckling at her appearance.

"I knew you'd come." He started in his usual confident raspy voice. Harumi didn't glance away for a second even though she wanted to see her friends' relieved smiles. Instead, she had to look at the face she used to smile to for months now.
"You finally decided to come out after hiding? Good choice." He chuckled.

With a snarl, Harumi leaped down, carefully as she can not to disturb Cloud by giving the puppy the rollercoaster of her life. She wasn't finished with Garmadon though. She lifted her weapon up to point at the enemy. "I wasn't hiding, I was waiting for the right moment and figured I should go after you when my friends need me the most. You will pay for everything you've done, Garmadon." Her eyes, black as space, dead serious.
The white haired girl growl and waited for the man's reaction.

"I have done what I needed to do in order to conquer Ninjago." The man replied, covering his slightly shock of concern when he noticed Harumi's tired state. She was pale as raindrops and eye bags were under her eyes. "Is this even about Ninjago anymore?" Harumi snapped, catching Garmadon out of his thoughts. As much as he wanted to hold the tension between them, he couldn't help it. "Harumi, why do you look like that?" He inquired, referring to her slip arms and weakened state.

Harumi narrowed her eyebrows, ah so he noticed she had been living on bread? Good for him, he shouldn't care enough to offer solutions, he doesn't care about anyone or anything. What does he even want? Why mess with her friends and family? Why, did she do something wrong that upsets him from the Departed Realm?
"Shut up." She silenced him.

The combat of silence between the two individuals continued until from above them, they heard: "Someone please explain me what's happening!!" The typical clueless blue ninja shouted downwards to Garmadon and Harumi.
"Harumi came back?! Since when?!" He continued, catching the water ninja in an eye contact. Nya just seemed way too shocked to even respond to Jay's usual nonsenses. He'll discover everything real soon.

Harumi glanced over at her puppy. "Go free the resistance, I'll handle Garmadon." She checked her backpack and took out a small blade she has found laying around in the streets. Perhaps it was an SOG guard that dropped this unwillingly. Cloud frowned at her owner's request, sure it was for the better and the puppy may not understand immediately but she had to do it. If she wanted to give a chance to Harumi to win her fight against Garmadon, she had to do it.

Not really having a choice, Cloud have a bark and ran over to where the resistance was. There were a few guards surrounding them but the puppy was trained by Harumi while they were on the streets. Cloud had a weapon that was mainly dog instincts. "Here it comes!" Jay screeched, backing into the wall even more as the white-furred Pomeranian charged into the guards, opening her canines.

"You're pretty good!" Garmadon complimented the white haired girl as she spun behind him to block his duel swords.
Only having one small blade, Garmadon didn't play fair by summoning two purple daggers. "I know, you don't need to tell me!" The white haired girl observed his front and checked for his potential weak spots before she jabbed her weapon's handle to his eye. Garmadon couldn't have foreseen the attack coming from this close. She struck but missed.

"Too bad!" Garmadon lashed out whilst receiving a hit on his cheek. Harumi gulped, well she just messed up there. She wasn't sure if one single blade was able to withstand against duel daggers and an angry oni. 'The fight fuels him...' she thought, almost cursing as she had just remembered. But violence was the only way, it was their only resistance. "Take this!" Garmadon yelled as he swung his two blades in a parabola line, it disarmed her single blade swiftly.