Chapter 99: Respond to the call

Nighttime, that was the time of day when the white haired girl sprung out of bed with a little whimper at the sound of a noise. She didn't know what it was but the thought of it scared her, she just needed to open her eyes.

Groaning slightly at the pain still inflicted all across her body, she looked around in sight for comfort. Whenever she freaked herself out through the nights, the puppy would always make her way over to her bed to reassure her that everything was alright. Speaking of, Harumi glanced at the doggy bed, Cloud was not there.

"Cloud?" She whispered, slipping away from the covers and almost outright hissing in pain as she searched around her room. Under the desks, under the bed and even her wardrobe. No, the puppy wasn't there. As if on instinct, the princess glanced at the window. But it was closed, where could she possibly be?

Had she ran off somewhere during the night, did something happen to the dog? Despite her bandaged up wounds striking at her like a missile at the moment, she'll never forgive herself if she just sat around while Cloud was potentially hurt. She needed to find her puppy before it's too late. So Harumi exited her room without much effort and began her little search.

She, of course, had morals and wouldn't want to barge into any rooms that she knew the ninjas or resistance members were staying by. She didn't have enough courage to peer into Garmadon, Mistaké, Misako nor Wu's rooms, so she avoided those as well. That narrowed down her options and left her with only rooms like the kitchen, control room or armoury. In whom, she disappointed and worried herself even more when finding nothing.

Allowing herself to walk towards the desk, Harumi sighed and lowered her head to stare at the planks. "Oh Cloud..where are you?" She muttered. She just wanted to see her puppy again, to find that she was alright and safe and happy...it made it even harder for her to search since it was night. But she promised that she would keep looking, no doubt about it.

But a sudden realization clicked. 'No it can't be..' she thought in her mind as she walked towards the railings of the ship. Her eyes staring at the rooftop right below them, where the trusty Bounty was hovering above. Only one thought processed through her mind as her eyes widened. "The oni couldn't have possibly took her?!" She snapped, perhaps a bit too loudly.

Biting her lips to practically oblige herself to stay silent next time, she continued to stare at the bottom of Ninjago city. It was one possibly though, if the Oni really took Cloud, it would be pointless to search the Bounty. "I can't possibly go out in the middle of the night with these injuries though...Garmadon would be angry at me." She needed to remember that the man was the one who saved her the previous night from one terrifying experience.

No, she needed to go out there, she needed to find Cloud. She knew how dangerous it would be, but if she gave herself a few hours of search, she'd be able to make it back without anybody suspecting a thing, right? Therefore, she decided and climbed on top of the railings. She took one look back at the hallway before finding the rope keeping the Bounty from crashing into the city and began to climb down. The girl lightly hissed at the rope burn.
~~~~~~~~~
Practically one rooftop away from the Bounty, a dark-brown haired girl with soft swirly pigtails sighed in absolute boredom. Truth be told, she's never stayed here in Ninjago city more than two years, she's always been on the move ever since...hm? She spotted someone going down from the Bounty's rope and sprinted towards the inside of the building to exit it at a safe height.

"Cloud? Hey Cloud, where are you?" She heard that same stranger calling out a name, that she couldn't quite make out from her distance, out onto the streets.

Mirage lifted a brow and changed her posture a little where she found herself standing up and looking down at the lurking stranger. "Hmmm, how interesting. This could be fun." She hummed neutrally before jumping down from the rooftop and landing on the ground a few metres away from the desperate white haired girl.