Chapter 143: Young blood's resurrection

It was past noon, just barely. But the room was quiet and not much activity had been happening for the last couple of hours. Here, Harumi was sitting in her sleeping chambers, a book in hand.

She had found it in Garmadon's office a couple of months ago when she, Killow and Ultra Violet snuck inside by total accident, having thought it was the break room. The three of them, concluding that day as their official: "We found our boss' office" day, had gotten a few things from there.

Killow and Ultra Violet stole some rather questionable things — such as his little marbled horse statue by the desk and a fake pistol that was heavily referenced from a cowboy movie up in theatres. Judging by how eccentric both can be, it's quite easy to tell which belonged to who, mind you.

Meanwhile, Harumi was a little more passive with her choice-making for this one. She had shuffled through his files, resisting her curiosity not to read them and stumbled upon a book in one of his drawers.

It was a velvet-coloured novel with an estimate of 400 pages. Its genre was fantasy, of course, and had golden laced linings on the side.

"That's what you're going for?" Harumi vividly remembers the disappointed state Ultra Violet was in when she saw the girl take the book out of the drawer.

It was only now that Harumi ever got the opportunity to start reading it. The day that they got it, she had to discard it in her sleeping chambers and get to work on minimizing the protests of resistance around the city.

At the moment, she was on chapter 3. She had read quite a bit to know what the book was talking about — it talked about the tale of a young vampiress who wandered off in a forest one night and managed to cut her finger on the thorns of an enchanted rose, meaning her injury wouldn't be healing anytime soon.

As she continued to wander, she left a blood trail and eventually, it's gotten the attention of a couple of vampire exterminators that lived not too far from the woods. Harumi needed to read more from the novel to really know what else is going to happen.

Though judging by the title, "Young blood's resurrection", she figures that the blood from the vampiress' wound will have a bigger meaning to the rest of the story.

She flips the next page, eager to continue in her reading. She doesn't get too far though, only managed to process a couple of words before she was interrupted by a knock to her door.

She was quick to stand out of bed, place the book back down on the covers and walk over to answer the door. She glanced over to the clock for a second,
looking at the time, it was bound to be lunchtime.

So whoever was behind the door was sure to be Garmadon, he was the one always giving her lunch at this hour.

She opens it, excited to be able to speak to her emperor once more this afternoon but was quick to hide her excitement when who showed up at the door instead was a couple of guards — in whom she didn't recognize at all.

Holding the knob of her door, she gave a grimace to the supposedly acquaintances of her boss. "Who are you?" She dared asked. It wasn't like she wasn't allowed to ask such things. She had authority here after all, as Garmadon's second in command.

One of the men, one with silver-locks, stepped up to her. He placed a hand over his chest, genuine intentions in his pale green eyes. "Quiet One, we have been asked by Emperor Garmadon to give you lunch." He tells her quietly and softly.

Hearing that, Harumi instantly grew skeptical. She raised a brow and crossed her arms, not really liking the position she upheld herself in. "He's usually the one who gives it to me, though." Her mood had soured at the revelation.