8th December. part 2

Ella

I don't understand how we could forget about the Christmas tree. Now, we have already arrived at the Christmas tree fair, we need to choose some fantastic Christmas tree. I wish Sophie would look at it and feel joy.

"Are you sure you won't freeze?" Sophie asks as we get out of her car. I nod, although I think differently. I don't have another clothes, so it's not important at the moment. "Let's quickly choose a Christmas tree and go home."

"We're not in rush. We'll find the perfect Christmas tree." I insist, although in fact I'm already starting to freeze. Does it matter when we get to choose a Christmas tree? That's right, it doesn't. "What can you say about this one?" I point to the Christmas tree standing nearby, it's a rather tall and lush tree, but the top is almost empty.

"Not sure." Sophie goes around the tree. She must be sure of her Christmas tree. This's the number one rule for Christmas. "Look at this one." She points to the Christmas tree a little lower than the previous one, it's almost perfect, in my opinion, but we want to walk a little more to be sure that this's the one we need. I mean, Sophie needs. I'm here for support her decision.

*

We haven't found anything more suitable than this Christmas tree even after going around the entire Christmas tree fair. While Sophie's buying it and they're winding it up with a net, I walk around the store, which also sales toys and other home decorations.

"Do you have a garland?" I ask Sophie as she approaches me from behind. She already put the tree in her car with help of one of the workers.

Sophie says she has everything, we leave the shop.

"Let's take a little walk." Sophie suggests, turning on the road in the opposite direction from the path we're driving here.

"Okay. Where are we going?" I like it when Sophie's in playful mood. She becomes so cheerful, childish, bright. Her eyes sparkle, her cheeks are pink, she becomes the Sun.

"Somewhere there's snow." The girl only smiles at the corner of her lips. "You've wanted to see it as soon as possible, haven't you?"

"Yep, I have, I do." Sophie actually driving somewhere just because I said I wanted it to snow sooner. In fact, I've never been so pleased. I have very kind, caring people around me, they actually do a lot for me. Yet no one has gone for a trip with me to see snow.

We turn on the radio louder, and as usual I can't help but sing along. Since Sophie allowed me not to ask any more if I could shoot, I take the camera out of my backpack and first film everything that's around, and then how we sing. I'm surprised that Sophie's just as active on camera as she's out of it. She doesn't behave like most people who acts cool just in front of camera. In any case, Sophie's still Sophie, and I like it a lot. Like everything in her. Maybe I should make a move. I'll think about it later.

We reach our destination when we find an unfenced field with snow already.

"It's great here. Like we're in fairy tale." I speak.

We go to the field, stand somewhere in the middle and look at all the beauty that's around, and then I take a few shots. Both nature and Sophie, who at that moment act as my model, fall into the lens. She's actually really good at being my model. Yes, she's a little shy, but she also turns out excellently both on video and in photographs. At the same time, she remains natural, I don't understand how she (and some other people) manage to do this.

Unfortunately, I quickly get cold, and Sophie notices it. She insists on our returning home, because she doesn't want me to get sick. It's very sweet of her, actually.

"It smells like a tree." Sophie says when we get into the car. It really does.