25th December. part 2

Ella

In the morning I realize that I'm doing the wrong things. Sophie's so kind to me and we have a great time together. I fall in love with her more and more every minute we spend together. We can have some great days together in this year. Then I'm going to New York and we'd better stop talking. Or I'll think about her all the time, someday I'll quit the job to be with her, be somewhere near her. Some days will past, I'll be unhappy with my decisions and I'll blame her. We'll be unhappy together. I don't want to think about it now. Today is Christmas! No time for heavy thoughts!

**

We arrive at Sophie's parents' house. I can't completely calm down despite Sophie's words. I feel like I'm too much for them. They've agreed to take me to the house for Christmas dinner, but that doesn't mean that I can now visit them all the time. However, the opportunity to meet Sophie's dear people won't always be available. She has wonderful grandmothers, with whom I already talked a little yesterday, I haven't really talked to her grandfathers, but I'm pretty sure they're great too.

The house seems quiet at first, but when we listen closely, we hear someone quiet talking in the kitchen, and children are talking on the second floor. It used to be like this at my house too, I really like this atmosphere.

"Hi." We go into the kitchen. I'm a bit nervous about holding hands with Sophie in front of her parents. She seems uncomfortable too. When I want to let her hand, she squeezes mine a little harder. Okay, I get her, I pet her with my big finger. It's unusual for my girl too, it's okay. She's not alone so everything will be fine. I just want to enjoy every moment I have with Sophie.

"Good morning." I say, smiling everyone in the room. They're looking at us. I can't get used to so my attention to me, even with my job it's unusual. I'll be okay, I'm here for Sophie.

"Hi." Sophie's mom hugs us in turn. She treats me so warmly, so nice. I don't know why she's so kind to me. She is the real mother to everyone around her. In my opinion, it's very nice. There're very few people like this. "Will you join us for breakfast?"

"Yep, if you don't mind." Sophie smiles and stands behind me, hugging my shoulders. Damn, that's nice, but it still confuses me that we're so open in front of her parents. Is it normal? Do they think that this's unworthy behavior, and therefore their daughter should be with someone better than me. They're really all right.   I really need to calm down. "I'll show our backyard to Ella, okay?" She doesn't even wait for their answer, and pulls me somewhere.

Sophie walks with me through the back door to show me the backyard, which is now completely covered in snow. It seems that the girl's nervous about something, constantly looking around. She doesn't seem to want to meet anyone here. What (or who) can be so scary in the backyard of the house? However, I don't ask and just watch her.

"We're alone here." Sophie says in a whisper, stopping near the wall. She wraps her arms around my waist, closing the distance between us. "We should have stayed at home. Only you and me, no one else." She quietly whispers these words, and it already seems to me that I'm beginning to melt. What is wrong with me? The girl doesn't offer me a hand and a heart (which is very good), but simply says that she wants to spend time with me, so why does my mind react like that? Is it normal? I don't know. "I would cook any kind of breakfast you'd like." She kisses me lightly on the cheek. "We'd watch some Christmas movie." She connects our noses' tips. I'm waiting for a kiss, but Sophie teases me. I know she watches my reaction. She knows what I want, but she doesn't give it to me.

"It sounds very attractive." Undoubtedly, it is. "But we want me to get to know your family better." I regret that we haven't take hats or at least a scarf, because my girl is already starting to freeze, so am I. Her nose is red as my ears (I can't see it, but I feel it pretty good). It's a real winter now, and we should have dressed warmer. I hope we don't get sick. Getting sick on holidays isn't a good idea at all.

"We could get to know each other better first." I smile and pull to her lips, but she doesn't let me kiss her. It's fun to play, but I'm a little sad, 'cause, I really want to kiss her. We won't be able to be so cute-cuddly-in-love when we're around her grands. I want my portion of Sophie's love. "We'd lie in bed now, cuddling, warming each other."

Her hand strokes my back, pressing me closer and closer, and I've melted in her arms. This's unusual for me, I've never been so sensitive, relaxed around someone. Honestly, the fact that I have known Sophie for less than a month scares me, but at the same time she's already so close to me. I'm not used to that, but at the same time it's nice.

"Hi." We hear a voice somewhere on the side and immediately pull away from each other. It's William. Today is the day when all Sophie's relatives will see how we make out (I hope it's not, it'd be too much for our new-born relationship).

"Hi." I feel Sophie's tensing up a bit. She stands straight, I think she even tries to close me from Will. Honestly, it looks weird and a little annoying. I don't want anyone trying to shut me down or somehow make me invisible. It's not very nice, to be honest.

"I'm glad you stopped by. I'd really like to get to know your girlfriend better."

"Of course. Because I've already known your boyfriend very well" William opens his mouth, but he doesn't find what to say. They look each other in eyes, I want to leave them alone, when Mrs. Rao calls Will for some help. Sophie and I are left alone again. But the mood isn't the same.