9th December. part 2

Sophie

I've cooked breakfast for us in the morning, I've already met Sophie's mother and brother in the afternoon. It's going to fast for our relationship (just kidding, everything is fine with me). I'm glad this happened. The new side of Sophie is opened to me now. I know it's nothing serious, but I like every small detail about her.

Since Sophie seemed very embarrassed by the arrival of her relatives, I tried to somehow chill the situation. I've never done it before, so I've just spoken and asked a lot of questions. In fact, it's my plan initially.

"Do you want some tea?" I suggest, leaving them in the room to make it. I think they need some privacy. However, Sophie come to her kitchen 2 minutes later. "Where do you keep the tea?" I've seen before that where it is, but I can't remember. The girl come up to me and I can feel her breath on my neck. It gives me goosebumps. There's nothing terrible or special in the fact that someone comes up from behind to get tea from a shelf above me. Well, I like it, we haven't been so close to each other. She smells nice. "Don't you want to spend time with your family?"

"I don't, to be honest." She says quietly. I don't think they could hear us. "Do we have enough time to finish decorating tonight?"

"Oh sure, we have plenty of time." I was a little surprised by Sophie's question about whether I will stay for dinner tonight. Actually, it would be nice, but I can't. I need to go home, pack all the things for my trip.

"Let's get them out somehow? Do they bother you?" I'm not embarrassed by his mother and brother. I couldn't even think about it. In fact, I think they're very nice people. William is very charming, and Mrs. Rae is the kind of mother who loves her children very much. I think it's nice, at least from the outside.

"Nobody bothers me. They really love you, don't they?" She sighs strangely, but I don't pay attention. I think, they have some kind of disconnection or conflicts in the family, in which strangers, like me, should not interfere.

"Just let's somehow hint that we want to stay alone?"

"Is it okay if they get it somehow wrong? You know, there're a lot of double meanings already."

"I wouldn't mind for any of it become true." What does she mean? Is it her move on me? No, I don't think the girl is about that. She must have thought of something else. "Besides, is there anything else you need to do right now?"

"Yes, I have few tasks". She's right, I need to get back to video editing. I don't like that I'm the reason for her family to leave. I mean, I don't want to tell Sophie's mother and brother that she doesn't want to talk to them because of me. I'm sure she doesn't usually behave like that all the time. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue with her and therefore I agree to follow her game. "How do we do it?"

"I don't know. Maybe we say that you have come to decorate the house and we want to do it alone?"

"Don't you think it's kind of rude?"

"It's not. I think everything is fine." I want to trust her, but I'm not sure. It's not the right way to treat my future in-laws. Just kidding.

"Okay, let's do it."

It turns out it really helps. William and Mrs. Rae quickly get what they're being asked for and leave quickly. I honestly feel sorry to see how Sophie's mother says goodbye to her. She feels guilty, it's clear even for me. Yet, Sophie and I stay alone. Gradually, we return to our work, but when I have everything done, Sophie just looks at the wall.

"Sorry, I'm late." I really am sorry because she's waiting for me. "Let's start?"

She nods happily. How cute can this girl be, even though she's pretty cute most of the time.