24th December. part 2

Ella

I can't believe it's already Christmas Eve! It's amazing. This makes me incredibly happy, because of which by nine o'clock in the morning I'm already running around the apartment and packing all my things to go to my parents for Christmas dinner, which we'll have a little earlier than it's expected. Rather, it can be called a Christmas eve lunch. All because they've decided to go to New York on Christmas Eve. I don't really have a plan for the night. Maybe I'll just go home and watch movies. It's not such a bad idea when you think about it.

I don't want to be all alone all night. I'm twenty years old, I have to figure out how to find company on a holiday.

I need to text to Sophie today and thank her for the gift. And maybe... invite her to meet today? Will she agree to meet with me at night? Yes, I can try to suggest it. Nothing bad will happen if the Soph refuses, right? But it's going to look really weird on my part... If I have to choose between looking weird and spending Christmas with someone, or looking normal and being alone, I'll choose the first one.

**

I sit at my parents' house while they're packing few last stuffs. Even though our dinner/lunch was supposed to start half an hour ago, everyone is minding their own things. In order not to waste time, I start editing today's vlog, because I want to release it today. Maybe this isn't the best idea, but anything will be more attractive than feeling unwanted in your parents' house. Plus, as I finish today's vlog, I'm done with vlogs for some time. I'll have a vacation for weeks. It was hard to do vlomas this year, so I need the quality rest.

"Mom, dad, maybe we'll sit down at the table after all?" I wish I haven't suggested celebrating Christmas together in advance. It'd be better if I was sitting at home now, or going to friends or started packing things in the USA myself, but not to watch how my parents stubbornly ignored me. Not at home.

"Yes, yes, we're on our way." I hear my mother's voice. But she's said so fifteen minutes ago. Well, it's already obvious that we're not going to have dinner together in a relaxed atmosphere. It's three o'clock now, and my parents have to leave at four. It was a bad idea. I wish I had offered them another day. Well, why is it even my responsibility?

On the other hand, we agreed with them about this dinner at the moment when they bought tickets to New York, and this was in October. It turns out that during this time it's possible to calculate the time in such a way and prioritize to spend at least a little time with me. But no, it's not important to them.

For forty minutes we sit down at the table together, eat a little, talk, but I notice how they check time. They're doing it at least once every five minutes, and sometimes more often. They're just not interested in being here, I can't blame them. It's still a shame, because ... I'm their daughter, why can't they pay attention to me.

"Okay, go ahead. I'll clean everything." At some point, I let my parents go, and they don't even try to hide their joy. Well, let's say that I once did the same as a teenager.

As soon as I get into the car, I hear some strange sound, but it gets quite pretty quickly, and I decide not to pay attention to it. It's a bad decision, because my car was already recently in repair, I should have been more attentive to it. What came of it? Sophie is going to pick me up in a middle of nowhere. She saves me again when there're problems with the car. Great, I'm going to be very uncomfortable now, actually.

**

I don't quite understand how it happened that I'm in Ella's parents' house. Why have they invited me over? Isn't it better to celebrate Christmas with your family and only close people? Maybe the rest of his relatives are actually against it, but they all seems friendly and kind. At dinner I could only talk to Sophie, William, and their friend, Andy, because we sit in front of each other, and also to Mrs. Rao when I volunteer to help her in the kitchen. I'm embarrassed that they've just accepted me like that, I want to do something to help.