Ch 5: Surprisingly

My official first day happened today, and it wasn't as peaceful as I thought

I expected some work and learning as I reached the farm. Even if I had experienced tending my Mama Orphan's or Charlonzi's garden, still I looked forward to doing my own fieldwork. With automatic sprinklers installed in this field, I didn't need to do as much as I believed. The job I needed to do was only taking care of the farm animals, pulling out the grass, or harvesting. Since Olivier girl and Jin had finished pulling the grass yesterday, I decided to do the harvesting.There were a lot of crops I needed to harvest. Might as well make my round to introduce myself properly, said myself with such big determination.

It didn't take a long time until my harvest basket was filled. After I shut the fences and ensured that all of the animals were safe, I could be settled on leaving the farm. The first junction made me think: The Happy Cows was on my right, and the blacksmith was on my left. I determined to visit The Happy Cows first.

The Happy Cows was the only barn that offered a delightful array of goods and services catering to livestock and farming enthusiasts, as the place Yummi and Cole tend. At first glance, its most striking feature was the picturesque barn that stood proudly, radiating rustic charm with its weathered wood and classic architecture. Surrounding the barn were verdant pastures, with the cows, sheep, and chickens playing happily in the pens, creating a serene backdrop that complements the wholesome atmosphere of the place.

Now, now. If only I could ask, I would ask for Yummi to greet me in the shop. Honestly, I wasn't that comfortable to talk to Cole yet. I caught a glimpse of him for being somehow a rude person.

I opened the door and I saw Yummi filling the shelves with fodder bags.

"Welcome to Happy Cows!" she greeted me cheerfully. "Oh, Luna! What can I do for you?"She left the fodder bags to approach me at the door; while rubbing her hands clean on the apron she wore. I showed her my harvest basket and let her choose the vegetables I'd harvested.

"Whoa, what a nice harvest!" Yummi squealed with her soft voice. "They look delicious! Or should I say they look yummy? Hehehehe..."

I smiled at her joke.

"Please take some," I demanded. "I guess I should make my round and while I'm at it, I want the others to have some taste of the vegetables."

"That's so nice of you!"

"So... May I choose?" asked Yummi. I nodded.

Looking at Yummi's eyes was pretty amusing. Her eyes looked like the maids' eyes I used to see when they were picking some fresh vegetables up. They even taught me to choose the best vegetables. After all, good dishes come from good ingredients.

"Oh, sorry. I might already take so much..." Yummi woke from her 'shopping spree' after she realized that she could no longer contain the vegetables in her arms.