Ch 28: Power abuse

The only one laughing at that moment was Mawar

The only one laughing at that moment was Mawar. It was almost impossible to believe everything that Azriel had done about the stealing thing yet the police didn't seem to decline –just because Azriel didn't hesitate to justify his condition.

Fortunately, the sea was on our behalf. It went worse as the day turned to night and it was impossible to imprison Azriel or even hold a court in the mainland with such a weather –not because the ships wouldn't operate. Also since Azriel was so well-behaved, the police didn't even bother to put handcuffs on him. Like really, no burglar behaved this way before.

And who was crying now? Yes, it was Mawar again. She demanded Azriel to be punished as soon as possible but she had to contain herself because the weather wasn't in her favor.

"It's not like we can control the weather, ma'am," one of the police looked very agitated due to Mawar's continuous sulking and nagging.

Nevertheless, the night rolled in and Mawar had to be satisfied with this current situation. She went back to the eastern house to rest, maybe. I didn't know a thing and I didn't really want to know. My focus was all developed on Azriel's well-being.

"Az, are you okay?" I whispered.

Azriel nodded while enjoying his dinner. He seemed even happier than before.

"Now there's no mosquito bugging us so I'm elated to have this dinner in peace."

He didn't kid at all. I didn't even know what to do: should I be happy or not? I didn't know.

Not long after, Lance rejoined our table. He sighed longer and deeper.

"What and why?" I asked.

"Well, I tried to make Mawar understand her position but she was as hard as a rock. it's super hard."

"No surprise," I replied. "What do you expect from a princess who has everything?"

Lance genuinely showed some gray clouds on his face. It was as if it's gonna rain soon.

"It would be easier if you could state to the police that you're the genuine farmer," Ludwig came with my dinner. "And since you didn't do anything bad, there won't be something bad happened, right?"

"Yes. I'm going to tell them that you didn't steal anything, anyway..." I commented.

We looked at Azriel's face like he was some kind of almost extinct animal. Azriel, who didn't enjoy all the attention, tried to act more naturally while clearly being annoyed.

"Can you just ask the Charlonzi to help Azriel?"

Oh? That might be a good idea coming from Lance. I did want to 'abuse' my power for the greater good but I didn't know if this was the right thing to do.

"Well, I could... Maybe..." I hesitated.

"You both are Charlonzis..." Azriel disrupted. "If you ask for their help, Mawar would ask too. Not like she wouldn't ask if you asked first, though. She probably would still cry for help.