Ch 46: Weapon

On the fourth day, we stayed in Burningshield, I found another weird thing happened to my friend.

Olivier asked for a cloth to cover her nose and mouth. Was she having an excellent plan for avoiding the young Jin? Nah, I believed it wouldn't be the issue. Everyone who knew her or even only saw her I was 100% sure that they would notice her with that long-ass black hair. It was almost like a walking mop but with black cloth. Also, it was like a waterfall but black or... it was like a walking black paint.

My point was she wouldn't get to hide if she was still keeping that kind of hairstyle.

The only one who was kinda sad with Olivier's transformation was Jin. On daily Olivier, we could only see her mouth as her eyes were covered with her bangs. But now, there was nothing to be seen as everything was covered.

"Just ask her what's the reason behind her face cloth..." I offered a suggestion to Jin. "Well, that's if that thing annoys you so much."

Just like that, I left Jin speechless with his next action.

The next thing that happened was regarding Storm and Kaoru. They brought good news from the barracks. It seemed like the chief knight was elated to have Storm joining the army and Kaoru as the knight nurse. Supposedly, Storm's case was intentional but Kaoru's wasn't that intentional. In fact, Kaoru was invited because she could 'heal' the army just by looking at her and listening to her voice and song. Though she preferred another job, Kaoru was delighted to have people appreciate her skills and appearance.

"Well, that guy has good eyes on talents," Azriel suddenly joined the chat after overhearing my, Elise, and Ixora's chat.

"You mean the chief knight?" I asked.

"Who else?" Azriel turned the question back. "He is a bit lethargic but he knows good people. So, I'm not that surprised that he would recruit Storm and Kaoru."

"He could recruit Koko and Ixora too, right?" I questioned the chief's ability as I knew that Koko and Ixora were super athletic.

"No no... we are working in the palace kitchen now..." Ixora shook her hand to make a justification. "I do agree that working at the barracks is way more fun, though."

"Then why?"

Ixora giggled at Koko who sat in the back-most chair of the class.

"It's time for us to get ready for cooking," Koko answered with a bit of yelling. "We won't want to eat raw stones when we are staying together."

The girls screamed. It meant that Koko fixed his eyes on marrying Ixora soon, that was what we thought. Overjoyed with the news, we danced in circles with Ixora to summon more happiness. Catching a hint, Olivier joined us in the circle.

"Ya, just like that, the chief knight lost his two talents..." Azriel sighed.

"What do you mean by just like that?" Elise stabbed Azriel with her words. "That's so rude, you know. You need to feel empathy more and be happy with your friends' happiness."

"It's okay, Elise..." Ixora tapped Elise's shoulder. "Azriel was the first to congratulate us on this good news."

"He knew first?" I curiously asked. Ixora nodded.

"How come?" I followed with another question.

"You need to see the barracks with your own eyes, Luna," Azriel made a suggestion. "So you would understand everything."

Well, I guess it should be the best choice. I fixed my direction to the barracks, following Storm, Kaoru, and Azriel. The knights were busy sparring with each other but my eyes caught something more interesting.