Ch 20: The truth

After the mess, the crowd went home almost immediately

After the mess, the crowd went home almost immediately. Seeing Mawar was a sore in their eyes –that's what Elise said. Kyo claimed that so many unexplainable things happened –the Mawar as Jin's ex, the sudden escape from Olivier, the Kaoru who was shocked after hearing that Lance called Mawar beautiful, Jin who couldn't stop taking a bath to purify himself, and the Lance who was flabbergasted because Mawar loved another man. So, to make everything better, he gathered us on another emergency meeting at the Two Pines.

Meanwhile, Mawar was resting in my house.

"Where's Olivier?" Elise asked Reanne who sat beside her.

"In the clinic, sleeping..." Reanne answered. "I thought she wouldn't be that easily fallen asleep though. Her body's temperature wasn't good. She was under stress."

"Does that mean that Olivier loves Jin too? Jealousy?" Elise asked further.

Reanne shook her head. "No... I guess it's because Jin told her that he never had an ex so she thought that Jin lied to her."

"ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE??!!"

Just after Reanne's small explanation on our table, another side of the Two Pines was crowded because of Aura's sudden yelling. The information about 'Mawar is Jin's ex' had reached Aura's ears. Her bright red eyes even shone more reflecting her anger toward Jin as she pushed him out of the thin air.

"TELL ME IN A WAY I COULD UNDERSTAND!!" Aura screamed. "WHY YOU DO THIS??!!"

"I didn't do anything wrong," Jin explained. "I don't even know which part I should explain to you!"

"WHY DO YOU LIE TO HER??"

Koko and Storm tried to hold Aura for not pushing Jin even harder. Meanwhile, Ludwig was trying to go through them. The fight took some audiences, even for the local tourists.

"Hey, hey guys. Chillax, okay??" Ludwig made an effort to reconcile the fight. "Aura, you need to calm down. It's not Jin who is at fault here."

Since the fight drew a little attention to the others, Elise, Kaoru and Ixora approached table to table to explain about the fight. As they saw that the customers were a bit calm, the girls decided to sit at our table again –the big table.

"Take a seat, please," Ludwig demanded. "Or else we will lose customers."

"AND YOU, KYO! BE INITIATIVE!"

Ludwig's sudden shout shook Kyo from his peace while having another coffee.

"Sorry..." Kyo whispered.

As Ludwig succeeded in his mission, both Jin and Aura now had to be content with them sitting next to each other. Aura, who couldn't receive, and Jin, who couldn't prove his innocence.

"You're not lying to us, right, Jin?" Yummi scared him with her smile. "About everything you just said?"

"Honest to God..." Jin spoke even slower. "I have a type, you know. All of you know my type!"

"We do know your type..." Cole followed. "But we didn't know what you had done on the mountain while we had Mawar as a naturalist. That's why Aura couldn't think straight."

"It must be how Olivier thinks too..." Reanne whispered. "Well, she's one of the most logical people I'd ever met, but she couldn't think straight with the trauma she had."

It was hard for everyone. Since everyone thought that Jin always despised Mawar, there would be no reason for him to make Mawar his ex; or rather, he hated her for being the ex.

"I thought Mawar is dating Lance? Why did she hug Jin when her boyfriend was present?"

Ixora's sudden questions set a brighter situation. Indeed, what she said was true. By all means, what Mawar did was purely unfaithful.

"I don't date her," Lance answered.

"Then?" Ixora interrogated.

Lance shrugged.

"I thought that we were special, that's all. There's no night that we haven't spent together, even if it's only calls and texts... and also she supported me for my dream and education."

I hid my rolled eyes just so Lance couldn't see them. It was like I was getting tired of seeing and hearing some bullshits about Mawar, and of course about the people who took her side.

"Mawar paid for your education?" Elise repeated. "That sounds so wrong."

"She didn't even want to share, just how in heaven we could accept that she was nice enough to fund your education?" Cole who seemed quiet, decided to speak up.

"Well..." Lance sighed. "She also told me that she's falling in love with me so I thought that she wanted to make it official..."

We were all shocked. Elise and Aura looked like they were ready to slap Lance.

"Just how hopeful romantic are you, Lance?" Elise couldn't contain her annoyance. "She just used you!"

"Blame me, okay?" Lance sighed again. "She provides the attention I've been looking for unlike the others, so I'm really head over heels for her."

It was hard to not feel sympathy but... it was easier just to slap the shit out of Lance so he could think better.

"Alright. So now we know that Lance likes Mawar, Mawar likes Jin, and Jin likes Olivier, but Olivier misunderstands Jin. It's just a matter of time until Olivier wakes up and joins us here. Think of something real quick so we could explain to Olivier," Ludwig tried to pull the red string.

"It's almost late, she would still come and join?" I asked.

"We're never absent," Reanne answered. "There must be something at risk if someone's absent."

Whoa. This team... they never failed to amaze me.

"Can we just tell her everything?" Cole suggested. "It's worth trying, right?"

"I tried before she slept..." Reanne responded. "It's not like she wouldn't listen. It's because she's battling the trauma she feels so it's harder to see the reality."

"So what should we do, Reanne?" asked Ludwig.

"Nothing," Reanne answered nonchalantly. "There's nothing we can do."

"Why?" I questioned her.

"Olivier knows, Jin knows and Mawar knows. We know Olivier is right, we don't know if Jin and Mawar are right. Which means just let the truth reveal itself someday."

I had no objection whatsoever to Reanne's solution. The truth would come up sooner or later. It might be so cruel for Jin if whatever he said was all true, but he needed to endure it since he didn't have any proof.

"If we catch you're lying, you know what we will do to you, Burningshield," Aura threats Jin, but he couldn't be moved.

"Yes. Prove me wrong and all, please," Jin took the challenge.

I never felt an intense fight in this inn before. It was suffocating but I did believe that we could face everything together.

That was when we heard the front door open --a weak enter.

"I'm sorry I'm late..." said Olivier while struggling to push the door. "I'm still a bit dizzy....."

Her eyes locked with Jin's eyes and Olivier gave up on entering the Two Pines, leaving speechless Jin on the floor.

"Reanne... does she avoid me...." Jin froze.

"Yes... I guess," Reanne concluded. "It's okay. Try again."

Life was hard, and it was even harder for Jin since that second.