Ch 50: Stink

6 days of our stay in Burningshield and Olivier was down with cold. She coughed a lot and stayed in her bed the whole day and not schooling.

"Aww... she's so lucky..." Kaoru sighed just because she didn't like to take maths.

"That's not nice, Kaoru..." Reanne patted Kaoru's head. "You know how hard she's trying to stay healthy..."

"You, Kaoru, and Jin are here..." Ludwig noticed. "No one's staying with the shortie?"

Reanne confirmed with a nod. "We need to stay away or she will get worse..."

"Me too?" Jin clearly was shocked. "What did I do?"

"Not you... but you..." Reanne tried to explain. "Well it's because of us too... but it's not us..."

"Reanne, I'm sorry but I didn't understand..." Jin desperately sought an answer.

"Put that aside, if she keeps staying in this palace, she won't get better..."

"What...? Is she allergic to the kingdom?"

This time, Reanne patted Jin's head a bit powerfully with a book. If she suffered one, she would say it to us at first! What a dumbo prince!

"Do you want me to say it or do you want to hear it from Olivier?" Reanne offered a suggestion.

"I... want to hear it directly from her," Jin answered.

"Good, because I won't say anything."

Still, I bet that one sentence led his mind crazy.

Jin had to feel satisfied with Reanne's current answer as the mathematics teacher coming and so ready to teach another course. I couldn't read anyone's mind but judging from Jin's reaction, it would be safe for me to think that Jin was actually looking for a solution, the better one without ejecting Olivier from the palace.

The class was quiet and conducive. the teacher was so clearly looking for anyone's fault but he found nothing. Elise, on the other hand, was coming back stronger than the last mathematics class it was active and unbeatable totally mesmerizing.

As the mathematics class was almost over there were a bunch of scholars roaming around the class that was when I noticed Marcus and the gang approaching our class.

"Is this the class where a girl sleeping in the mathematics class?" Marcus by the door asked, and the whole class froze. "What an incompetent class indeed."

Judging from this small event now I noticed that all of the teachers here were holding a meeting every day just to discuss the scholars' attitudes and behavior. From one small mistake Elise did but really not did she was called as someone sleeping in the classroom.

But the point is nothing of it mattered to you, Marcus. you should just mind your own business. Elise looked super hurt and the mathematics teacher decided to end the class just because he didn't want the meddle in the problem. Seeing the teacher leave the class, Marcus and the gang laughed so hard and mocked Elise's well-being.

"How dare you call yourself a scholar if you only want to sleep in the class??" Duncan followed Marcus' mocking.

"Yeah so true! I bet she doesn't feel that lucky to be a scholar in this Kingdom!" this time Craig added.

"Now, now. That's not nice. We only play nice, okay guys?? Or we might bring a nightmare to the girl hahahahaha!!" Marcus side-eyedly smirked at the whole class.

We really couldn't fight back because Mamoru just told us Marcus was the son of the opposite side. Well, actually that explained how he behaved to us. but seeing Alice was nearly tearing and crying I really couldn't hold my emotion back I really wanted to punch the teenagers.