Ch 10: The farm

My interaction yesterday woke me up to one fact: the Cowies might be not the friendliest human in the world, but they had no bad intentions

My interaction yesterday woke me up to one fact: the Cowies might be not the friendliest human in the world, but they had no bad intentions. They tried to live as hard as they possibly could.

By stating this, I genuinely took the side of all Cowies and not Mawar. I knew from the start that she couldn't be trusted yet I still couldn't let myself stay away from her. It was just because I felt indebted to the Charlonzi.

Did I really feel indebted to the Charlonzi? The only one who was elated to have me around was only my stepmother. If I should feel indebted, would it be true if I only felt indebted to Mama Charlonzi?

I shook my head –and tried to drive the thought away. The power of the mind was sometimes frightening me.

It was another day at Cowie Farm. As usual, I took a deep breath in the eco-friendly environment. The water sprinklers were taking all my jobs away and that only left me with two jobs: harvesting and taking care of the animals. Doing harvest was not a daily necessity, but caring for animals wasn't an easy task for me who never even tended the animals. Should I ask for Cole or Yummi? Ah, they might be busy every day. I needed someone to tutor me on caring for animals... or the farm and field if it was possible.

Alright, where should we start with?

As I collected my mind, I saw a friendly figure waiting for me outside of the fence, again. I rushed to open the gate for her to come inside.

"Good morning," she greeted me while her eyes were attached to the field.

"Good morning, Olivier! Come in!" I invited her while grabbing her hand. "Were you waiting long?"

She shook her head.

"Did something happen?" I asked curiously since she didn't add anything useful.

"No... not really," she replied.

"Then, what can I do for you?" I politely questioned and tried hard to respect her as she was older than me and for what I did to her.

"Can I still visit the farm?" Olivier didn't hesitate to ask. "I know it would be a nuisance for you to have you while you are working but can I still visit the farm?"

Her existence was like the only spring in my desert. I pulled her hand and didn't even bother that she was struggling to match my happy walk. She did shout "STOPP STOPPP!" but yes it was a delightful feeling. My hunch told me that she wasn't even upset about me dragging her hand to the field.

That very morning was legendary.

I learned a lot by interacting with her and the animals. Also, even if we had automatic sprinklers installed, we had to still check on the field daily –for grass or even bugs, since we didn't use any pesticide.

"If you are too lazy to take care of the animals, just let them graze on the pasture over there..."

I looked at the direction Olivier pointed to. Indeed, a beautiful pasture with fresh grass. I bet the animals were happier to get such fresh nutrition.