Ch 36: Potion

I was flabbergasted with the sudden appearance of someone I knew I didn't know but I knew before me. I investigated his appearance: short golden hair, not like Elise's or Jemi's gold, but I was certain I saw this hair somewhere; a pair of blue eyes; and a white coat with neat length.

I surely recognized this kind of appearance.

"May... I help you?" I asked.

He tilted his head, then smiled.

"Yes, please help me to give these to your friends," he approached the insides of his wooden basket. "We need to go back to that time."

I was confused. That sentence alone represented my whole feelings but I followed him with my bag after I locked the door.

He gave me a small bottle of purple sparkling something liquid as we walked back to the village.

"You need to drink this. Everyone else, too."

I shook my head.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you but I don't know you. Even if you don't have a bad thing on plan, should I be worried about taking poison from an unknown person?"

The man laughed with his mouth covered.

"You are right. But please trust me," said the man, not convincing at all.

"Well, at least please let me know who you are," I whispered as I paced myself to match his rush. He didn't exactly run, but since he was taller than me, I needed to take some more steps.

"You shall know."

I didn't ask further. We stopped at the blacksmith while Azriel was still awake. We knocked on his door and he was there, startled at the new man before him.

"You are...." Azriel looked speechless.

The man smiled and gave him the poison.

"Please take it, and it would be lovely if you could help us give this potion to the others."

Ah, good luck with that. Azriel had a judging quality about a new person so I bet he wouldn't want to drink the potion... or should I say, poison?

But he drank right away.

"We need to do this in 10 mins... Could you take these to the rest?" he asked Azriel.

"Of course. I will go to the mountain area, the beach, and the supermarket," Azriel agreed obediently, taking the exact amount of bottles for the people. "You could get somewhere else."

"Neat. Let's go, young lady."

I was even more confused with Azriel's action. What happened? WHAT HAPPENED?

So many questions in my head. I and the unknown man went to the clinic. I knocked on the door and wished that Reanne and Kaoru didn't get annoyed with this.

"What? What?!" Kaoru panicked as she opened the door. She looked troubled with the coat she hurriedly used to cover her pajamas. "Is someone dying?"

I smiled flatly, while the man was laughing.

"Please drink this..." I gave her the potion. "Right now, and for Reanne too, please."

Kaoru looked bamboozled with her mouth open. Reanne behind her, looked calmer than her. Reanne accepted the potion, shook the bottle, and smelt it.

"Herbs...." she whispered.

"You are a good doctor," the mysterious man smiled. "It's nothing but I need you to take this, please."

As we tried to excuse ourselves to reach the Two Pines, Reanne with her sharp eyes scanned the man thoroughly. Scanning complete, she decided to run a bit to catch us and stopped.