Ch 38: Time travel

"If I weren't your father, I wouldn't trust whatever I heard just now, Mamoru."

Nah, if I were Mamoru's father, I would still not believe in him with this crazy story.

Mamoru let a bitter smile out.

"It's not really good news, right Love?"

The woman sitting beside him nodded gracefully.

"But I could see our grown-up Mamoru and Jin now. I am pretty pleased, Dear."

The man suspected to be Mamoru and Jin's father sighed deeply.

"Please take some rest in the guest room. We will summon you for dinner."

And just like that, we excused ourselves to the guest room.

I held so many questions in my head as we walked through the hallways. It was getting annoying to see this many people bowed at us whenever we passed the corner. Mamoru and Jin, on the other hand, used to do the bowing.

I couldn't believe a thing Mamoru said just now but seeing how everyone behaved to him, it did make some sense kicked in.

After walking for some minutes enchanted by the beautiful pillars on the hallways and beautiful flowers on the side gardens, we reached a large room with many single beds. It was like Two Pines without the chairs and tables but beds.

"Do you think it's okay for you guys to sleep here?" Mamoru asked. "Well... just please don't sleep naked, okay?"

"I... wouldn't sleep then...." Storm's voice sounded hesitant. "I need to release my body temperature, brooo!"

The crowd was stunned.

"TAKE THE CORNER BED FOR DUCK'S SAKE!" Elise resolved his problem. "WHAT ARE YOU? A 5 OLD?"

"I'm sorry that I'm a big guy, helloooo?" Storm sulked with Elise's reaction. "Yes, yes I will take the corner and don't you dare to take a peek at my mighty weapon of destruction."

The crowd was stunned again.

"Well... let's just make it easy. The boys on the right and the girls on the left..." Mamoru tried to make in-between. "It's already arranged that way so it shouldn't be a problem now."

Mamoru was right. The room door was located right on the middle side of the right beds and left beds. There was a big dining table in the middle of the room, too... So maybe the girl didn't have to see a helicopter swaying on the boy's side.

The boys didn't take that much time to decide on the beds. Meanwhile, the girls were trying to decide the corner owners. Two beds. Elise claimed that she needed to sleep on the corner because she was scared of seeing the unnecessary. So how to solve this? Stone, paper, and scissors was the best solution. As it was going to take some time, Olivier moved unbothered to the outmost bed and laid down. Reanne took her closest bed, unbothered with the bed location too. Personally, I could sleep anywhere so I took another outmost bed. I felt kinda enthusiastic.

Sleepover with friends! I wanted to experience it even once in my life!

"... I... will sleep here too, brother..." Jin whispered after seeing the girl's bed location. "I won't take the assigned room for us..."

Mamoru smirked.

"Of course. Don't be silly, Jin. Of course..." he laughed quietly. "Sure, please sleep here."

Jin made a whatever face.

"How about you?" Jin asked.

"I'll sleep here," Mamoru answered with a smile. "Your friends are all so nice. It's fun to be with them."