Ch 19: Milk vs Ramen

Despite being well-knowledged about the things Mawar had done previously, Lance was still rigid in his own way of thinking

Despite being well-knowledged about the things Mawar had done previously, Lance was still rigid in his own way of thinking. Unfortunately, thanks to that mindset, we had this awkward silence in the room. I could engage on whatever topic with the others, like Kaoru did; or maybe let Reanne do some random talking with Kyo since they were intellectuals; or even we could gossip with Elise, Yummi, and Ixora. I could easily blend in with them. Ah, or even the boys.

But Lance didn't. After he fully knew that none of us here was taking Mawar's side, he became even more silent.

"I should make you some drink."

I left my guest room for the kitchen -with Reanne and Kaoru coming behind me.

"You don't need to help me, guys..." I felt reluctant.

"No, just appreciate us," Kaoru whispered. Reanne herself advanced even faster. It looked like she didn't want to experience the air in the guest room.

The kitchen wasn't that far from the guest room, yet we were taking our sweet time making the drink.

"What do you want?" I asked, while obviously stirring some tea on the cups.

"Hmm, it's such a fancy morning, so I would like the morning tea, please," Kaoru acted as a princess sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Here is your tea, madam," Reanne followed up the little drama. "For you, I made it special."

"Why, thank you," Kaoru took a sip of the tea Reanne offered. "How? Did I look like Aura?"

"Not even close..." I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing.

"Which part of Aura do you want me to compare with you?" Reanne questioned Kaoru's well-being.

Kaoru sighed.

"I wonder how does it take to be like Aura?" Kaoru let her mind out. "She was so elegant, and she even put no effort into becoming one."

"What's with this sudden Aura-wannabe?" Reanne asked with her tea on concern. "I could brew my own tea, Luna. Thank you."

I nodded and pushed the tea box and sugar.

"Lance must like someone so elegant like Mawar, right? Since I didn't think that Mawar was elegant, I aim to be as gracious as Aura," Kaoru answered. "But I guess it's so hard."

Reanne's face suddenly went darker.

"You do think that Mawar is elegant?" asked Reanne again. She even brought her tea-making to a halt. "Honestly, you do think that Mawar is elegant?"

"No, no..." Kaoru sighed again. "I try to search for some positive trait that can enchant Lance to Mawar, but I can't. So, I thought it may be because he is fond of someone elegant -that none of us is elegant. The only one who is elegant is Aura, but she's creepy so Lance can't fancy her, right?"