Ch 39: Decision

After that, we didn't see Mamoru until the dinner came.

We thought that we were going to have dinner in a proper dining room since the king and queen planning to join us. I had never been this wrong.

In fact, the king and queen were indeed joining us in our dinner... but it was in our bedroom. There weren't enough chairs for us to sit but Jemi and Azriel kinda gave their chairs for the loyalty.

Jemi just didn't care about eating on a dining table and Azriel thought that it was the right thing to do.

As the king and queen seated, the food started rolling in. Storm was elated with the massive amount of food yet the foodie Olivier didn't seem to be that excited.

"I wonder if the chef's cooking is good..." Ludwig whispered to Reanne who sat beside him.

"What's with that?" Reanne replied warmly.

"I don't know. Maybe I just want to get better at cooking..." Ludwig scouted the foods as the helpers served them. "Nothing here looks that fancy, right?"

"Well, if it's fancy you are talking about, the foods on the mainland are fancier. They have better utensils..." Reanne said honestly.

"How about the taste?" asked Ludwig again.

"We shall try and judge, Ludwig..." Reanne shrugged. "You better look at Olivier's expression. She's kinda funny..."

As I could overhear the conversation, I, Reanne, and Ludwig diverted our sight to the shortie. Our beloved shortie looked sour while sitting quietly.

"What's happened, Olivier...?" Kaoru whispered because our sight caught her attention. "You don't feel good?"

"Nah..." claimed Olivier.

"Then?" Kaoru added.

Olivier didn't bother herself with answering Kaoru's other question. She left the room and talked to one of the helpers, a small discussion then the helper nodded.

"What's she doing?" I asked Reanne.

"I'm not her mother. Try asking her..." Reanne shrugged.

Olivier came a second later, carrying the food. As she approached closer, the others were following her and assisting the other helpers too. It wasn't like we were out of servers, but the servers looked hesitant to serve the new people. Thanks to our actions, the dinner took no time to get served. Now the food was ready, Cowie gang was seated nicely on their own chairs.

Olivier finally regained her smile back.

"...You must be really hungry..." I whispered after seeing her broad smile.

"I am..." she responded while smiling ear to ear.

The room brightened up as the king allowed us to eat. This whole fanciness and the only ones who were eating fancily were Kyo, Aura, and Elise. I didn't need to mention the princes, of course. Well, to be frank, everyone was still eating politely, but we could clearly see who ate politely and hungrily.... I meant more hungrily.

As I munched my sandwich, I was interested in the king and queen's interaction. Rather than a special place to eat, they didn't hesitate to eat with us. The queen looked nothing like Jin and Mamoru. In fact, I had a clear vision that the king inherited all of his appearance from the boys: the golden hair and kinda bright blue eyes. Their mother, however, looked pretty majestic with her long black hair and eyes. If I could compare, she looked like Mama Charlonzi.

Oh, and one more thing. I didn't know that a husband, who got married to his wife for years, could still see and watch his wife with his loving eyes.

"Your dad always like that?" I managed my whisper to be hearable to the people across my table.