Ch 54: Cooking member

WHY OLIVIER'S IN??!!

"WHY OLIVIER??" I let my mind burst out. "I mean... I'm sorry Olivier, you aren't a good cook and I'm not a good cook either but WHY OLIVIER?"

"Yeah! Why Olivier!" Olivier unsheathed her spoon, redeeming her freedom.

"... Dude, you probably should feel a bit sad..." Yumi sighed. "Luna basically just called you a bad cook..."

"Yeah! Why Olivier the bad cook!" Olivier took the suggestion.

"No! No! That's not what I meant. Oh dear..." Yummi felt bad for a second.

"You can't cook?" the queen caught an interesting topic.

"I can't cook, your majesty!" Olivier answered proudly. "I love eating from the trees."

The audience was silenced. Only a feint laugh could be heard coming from Jin who covered his face. Yes, Jin, Yes. Everything that Olivier did was entertainment for your eyes.

"Well, it seems like the enemies notice you guys as our scholars and recognize Ludwig and Reanne as the workers at Pummel's," the king explained. "It's a cooking contest, so it should be exciting and all. Only the pro enters."

"But, Your Highness. That girl over there is nowhere near the pro..." Elise with her competitiveness tried to bring the issue. "That girl even doesn't take 3 meals a day sometimes..."

"Well, yes. Usually, I just let the scholars do the decision but I don't really know why they want to pick the scholars..." the king nodded wisely. "And for Olivier's case, she might not be the best cook, but she is mentioned as a must to come because..."

"...because?" Elise added.

"... because she pulled their strings so many times..." the king laughed. "It's indeed interesting. I told you to behave but I guess we can't stay still at certain times."

Okay. I guess Olivier did do something bad to some... people. Like the poo on faces, the shouting at classes, and the... bills.

"Is... Marcus a member of this team?" Mamoru sharply asked.

"Oh, you know them?" the king showed a surprised face.

They were indeed Mawar in this world but did a binary fission. People who knew Olivier even a slim number would know that Olivier mostly didn't attract a fight. There must be something triggering her head that she must act. But again, it was nothing in the hands of someone who got a better title.

"Anyway, we will see your best performance in the cooking competition," the king ended his dinner. He excused himself with his wife, walking on the hallway cheerfully side by side while linking arms.

Without the king and the queen in the room, the 'scholars' were discussing the matter unreservedly. Ludwig and Reanne tried to compile a 3-course meal that simple but delicious enough for Olivier to make.

"She's a fast learner..." Reanne discussed this with Ludwig. "We can teach her some things based on the menu we choose."

"Alright, I think that's the fastest way we can do it," Ludwig nodded. "But, we need to know ... just how bad she is at cooking..."

The cooking couple looked at Olivier who got her eyes slightly widened. She was still in shock.

"How do you make tomato soup?" Ludwig suddenly asked a question.

"By pounding the tomatoes...?" Olivier answered hesitantly. "Then pour the tomatoes into the water... add seasonings...?"

"That's not... the best words but I get your idea," Ludwig seemed a bit pleasant. "Good, good. Then, how do you melt chocolate?"

Olivier's face sparkled as she gained more confidence.

"By pounding the chocolate, add water and add sugar!" she joyfully answered.

Jin covered his face really hard to stop himself from laughing. The rest of the team didn't have the heart to laugh straight at her face. One thing that stopped us from laughing was... IT'S BECAUSE SHE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW!

"You will die young eating her food..." Mamoru whispered to his brother.

"You die young even before eating her food..." Jin whispered back after he regained his self.

"Let's... skip the chocolate..." Reanne offered a suggestion. "Maybe something a bit simpler..."

"You're right..." Ludwig sighed. "Okay... we can think about another menu..."

As the cooking couple had their mini-discussion, Olivier couldn't do anything but wait for another question. But, the minutes rolled in without questions so Olivier decided to head back to her room. Yes, she still couldn't join our bedroom because we could clearly see her red nose. Olivier went back to her room meant that Jin needed to be her guide to the room.

The short girl with a dragged robe stepped lethargic. Not because of her drained stamina, but because she felt useless and guilty.

"I'm feeling bad for Reanne and Ludwig..." Olivier opened a conversation. "If I didn't do so hard on the trio, they would still choose a better cook."

"Did they protest?" Jin questioned.

"No... but..." Olivier sighed. "They are just nice to me and they won't do that."

Jin smiled.

"You know, Olivier. The relationship all of us Cowies have is more than 'I don't want to doubt you because I might hurt your feeling'. Our relationship is the one like 'I will do honesty to hurt your feeling now than later'..."

"I... don't get it..." Olivier answered.

"Do you really think that they didn't complain because they are nice?" Jin asked again. "Or do you think that they are actually happy to have you on board despite knowing that you can't cook?"

"... I... don't know..." Olivier whispered.

"A team competition doesn't necessarily mean that they have great skills. They need to have great teamwork too, and I don't think Reanne and Ludwig have another member that can out trust you."

Olivier threw a side eye on Jin. Not like he noticed it behind the bangs. Both enjoyed the long walk in the palace until they reached Olivier's 'sick' room.

"I... really hope so," Olivier sighed again. "Anyway, I will sleep early today and feel healthy and I can learn some food...."

"Good thinking," Jin expressed his pride while opening the door. "Now, good night, and I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Good night," Olivier entered the room and helped Jin close the door (because he didn't do it).

Jin stood behind the door for some minutes. Not really sure what he had been thinking, but deep enough to not notice that his own mother was standing behind him.

"WHOA!" Jin jumped from his position. "What are you doing, Mom?!"

"I heard that she's sick," the queen explained while smiling so wide. "I didn't know that there would come a day when I can see you use this room."

"I didn't know either," Jin replied with a smile.

"Does she know a thing about this room?" the queen asked further.

"No," Jin responded. "And I would be happy if you, Dad, and Mamoru don't tell her anything about this."

"Why?"

"Well..." Jin tapped his forehead, thinking. "I just don't want her to know."

"Then, promise me, one day you will tell her about this room, okay?" the queen offered a pinky finger.

"Pinky promise, really?" Jin laughed but still linked his mom's pinky finger with his. "I promise."

"You need to stay wealthy so you both can still eat," the queen laughed back. "She's proudly saying that she can't cook. It's adorable."

"I know..." Jin smiled. "I will cook for her, Mom."

The mom smiled proudly. Jin then proceeded to walk her mother to the throne room where the king waited. They talked and laughed all night. On the other hand, Olivier was deeply sleeping, not knowing that Jin gave the second prince's wife room for her.