Ch 17: The silent attention

I didn't expect that being an ear fairy would need someone to be my ear fairy too

I knew that Lance was attractive so it would be easy for him to mesmerize other girls. Kaoru was almost perfect; she was kind and enchanting; as if she was meant to be with Lance.

Was it jealousy? I didn't know exactly. But I could feel that deep inside, I had more rivals and I didn't like it.

I put out the ring and letter Lance gave me that I put on the drawer. It was short, but I enjoyed the moment with him --when I'm being the only one, and a little bit with Mawar.

I decided to brew myself some hot tea. This night was a bit chilly, a perfect time for a hot tea and some soup, maybe. Should I go to the Two Pines? I didn't think that I wanted to be outdoorsy now. Well, what could I do? At a time like this, I honestly missed the privilege I had at Charlonzi --the place where I shouldn't cook for myself because anyone could do the job for me.

I put on my jacket and went to the patio to enjoy my tea. Just as I opened my front door, a pile of blankets something suspicious was standing beside ... Jemi.

"Hi, good evening," he smiled.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I panicked. "Did you wait too long? I didn't hear any bell ring!"

"We waited 5 seconds ago."

The blankets talked. I almost freaked out but I succeeded in seeing around the blankets --it was Olivier sticking herself to battle the cold.

"You could've told her that we just reached or something..." Jemi complained.

"I'm sorry..." Olivier replied. "We bought ramen... and a flower!"

I took the ramen and flower from Olivier. That was when I just realized that I had no flower pots or vases around my house. About the ramen, judging from the cup, it was almost safe for me to say that it belonged to the supermarket since it was the same product as what Olivier was eating now. I thanked them and went back to pour hot water out to my instant ramen after hearing that Olivier and Jemi didn't want to come inside despite the cold.

"It's a beautiful night," Jemi uttered.

The night was indeed beautiful. I and Olivier enjoyed our instant ramen while moon gazing. Jemi, on the other side, was content on having my served hot tea.

We watched the moon like we never saw it before.

"You didn't go on a diet, right?" Olivier's sudden question broke me up.

"Huh? No, no at all. Why with that question?"

"If you were on a diet and we gave you the ramen, I would never forgive Jemi," answered Olivier nonchalantly.

"It WAS your idea," Jemi mumbled.

"IT WAS MY IDEA!" Olivier cheered.

I giggled at the joke. Still, the ramen came at a perfect time. I almost couldn't bring myself to fill my belly on that night. It was rather shocking with the thing with Lance.