Ch 49: Jealousy

Okay, should I be worried about tomorrow? Because I freaked out!

First thing first, I didn't know that it was me that Jemi referred to, so I interviewed all of my Cowie girls, and here was the result:

Reanne: No, I have a biological family, why?

Ixora: I have had my biological family since I was a child, yes, why?

Elise: I only have my real family and I love them!

Kaoru: Ahhh, I miss my family so much.

Yummi: We aren't close but I believe I'm not adopted...

Aura: You guys are the only family I have.

Olivier: Hmmmm... I wonder if I'm adopted... I feel like I'm a sore eye for them...

I was pretty sure that none of them touched the orphanage as the place they grew up.. which meant that... it was only me.

Let's say that it was indeed me. Then, the next morning would be awkward, especially at school. Jemi on my left and Lance on my right, it was the most uncomfortable class ever.

"Do you want to switch seats?" Mamoru offered, seeing me so soulless on looking at my own seat.

"Is that okay with you, Mamoru?" I whispered in his ear.

"I'm okay with that. But Jemi would think that you fancy Lance more than him..." Mamoru resolved.

Ugh! He was totally right! I didn't think about that before!

"How can you know that it was about them?" I whispered again.

"Don't fret the small things..." Mamoru shook his head. "Decide, young lady. You want or not?"

"Huhuhuhu... Mamoru..." I wore my puppy eyes face. "I don't know what to do... Please help me."

"It's kinda easy, Luna..." Mamoru tilted his head. "If you like Lance better, you wouldn't think for a second about switching seats with me. You are confused because somehow Jemi has a place in your heart."

Does he really? I scratched my itchy hair out of confusion. Mamoru got back to his chair while waiting for my answer. I was still not making up my mind just yet. I tried to reach Elise who sat in my back row.

"Elise, please switch seats with me..." I whispered.

"If only you're not on the front row, I would be happy to switch with you, Luna..." Elise replied with a whisper. "You know I have a bad history of sleeping in the class? I don't think the front row is cozy enough for me. I'm sorry..."

I understood her reasoning so I had nothing to do rather than accept my fate. An indeed cruel fate. I sighed deeply. I could easily 'ditch' Lance but somehow my childhood love was still dwelling inside my heart.

I still chained myself to my past...

"How's your date?" Lance suddenly asked.

"It's not a date and it's nothing like what you're thinking," I answered with half of my patience drained.

"Yeah, sure, sure..." Lance rolled his eyes. "Is it nice to have someone who wants to learn about living in a place he doesn't want to be but does it anyway for you?"

"What do you want?" I looked at him with my side eyes.

"No, nothing," Lance claimed. "I just want you to know that sure it's nice to have that kind of person in your life, right?"

I didn't try to answer in the hope that Lance would just skip everything if I ignored him.

"You have a mouth and you can talk. Answer me," Lance got annoyed with my silent treatment.