Ch 41: School

We just had our long and weird and some of us felt ... sad night.

The long-awaited morning finally greeted us. I was pretty proud of myself for waking up early but joke on me; some of the cowies were already awake.

"Good morning, Luna..." Yummi greeted me with a smile. "I just washed up, finally!"

Oh, so this is the reason behind the floral scent coming into the room.

"Good morning, Yummi..." I acted like I didn't get shocked at seeing my friends already bustling around. "Why do you guys wake up so early?"

Yummi stopped to think.

"I'm not that early, you know... You should see Storm.. or Reanne... or Azriel...."

"I only took 2 hours of sleep. Don't drag me into you guys the early chickens..." Azriel commented from his dining chair, sipping his super black coffee.

"You gonna die, bro..." I expressed my sympathy.

"We all are dying," Azriel replied nonchalantly.

I looked around the room, only me Azriel, Yummi, and Aura staying in this room. The existence of my other friends was still unknown and mysterious.

"You should probably go to the bath, Luna..." Yummi suggested. "Or you're going to be late for school."

LATE FOR SCHOOL?!

I dashed to wherever the bath was after Azriel pointed in a direction. I would fold my blanket first but knowing how Yummi acted to us, she probably finished cleaning the bedroom as I already finished the bath.

I ran into the hallway with some knights and maids bowing at me. I stopped to bow and ran again which was kinda annoying but a must for me. I asked a friendly maid and she ran with me to the bath.

A freaking guest bath with my friends enjoying their hot bath... on a freaking summer.

"Yoo the sleeping beauty is here," Elise waved her hands. "Come, come, Luna. A hot bath is super good for our exhausted bodies."

"You sound like a doctor..." I put off my clothes and joined my friends in the massive bath.

"That sentence she stole from Reanne indeed..." Kaoru confirmed.

"But it's summer..." I tried to make my justification.

"You can just rehydrate yourself later..." Reanne nodded. "Like a certain someone who's already washing her warm body with cold water."

I looked at the spot Reanne mentioned. A ghost with long-ass black hair sitting on the corner under the heavy cold shower. We couldn't even see the ghost properly as the hair covered her left-right-front-back.

"I wonder why she doesn't cut her hair..." I whispered.

"You probably need to ask her directly because I don't know the answer either..." Ixora smiled with her relaxed face.

Not long after, Olivier left the bathroom after half-drying her hair. Elise, Ixora, and Kaoru joined after, leaving me and Reanne on the last list.

"You okay, Reanne?" I asked. "Are you not feeling well?"

"It's not like that..." Reanne answered. "At Cowie, we need to hike to enjoy the hot spring. So I really cherish this moment."

I smiled and decided to stay in the bath with her a bit longer. The moment Reanne stepped out from the bath was also the exact moment I finished my bath.

"So... when will we go to school?" I tried to converse.

"Beats me..." Reanne replied as she walked out of the door. "As long as Mamoru or Jin is still with us, then it should be fine."