Ch 30: The exam

Elise was officially my first girl ear fairy patient and I was euphoric about it

Elise was officially my first girl ear fairy patient and I was euphoric about it. Who knows that the first person who gave me the cold shoulder was the first girl that came to me to talk about her problem?

I hummed a lot this morning. People who invented hum indeed genius. I could feel that I worked faster while singing, listening to the music or even just a simple humming.

I started the day with such a bright feeling.

The farm was almost done yet I was sweating profusely. What has happened with the world today? The weather was so extreme. It was either freezing or blazing. Nothing came in between. My mind directly thought about Olivier who I believed Reanne told me that she couldn't handle extreme weather so much.

Poor child, oh she wasn't a child.

I sat on the side of my farm, resting with some water. Ixora, who happened to begin her day by jogging around the village, caught my attention. She looked so firm and healthy; I almost envied her.

"Ixoraaa!!"

She stopped her jog and looked around –looking for me. I waved to make it easier for her to notice me.

"Hello!" Ixora approached me and smiled so cheerfully. "It's a freaking hot morning, isn't it?"

"It's summer after all..." I fanned my clothes. "Do you want some water? Or some shelter from the heat??"

Ixora laughed a crunchy one.

"I have my water bottle here..." She showed me her blue water bottle that she always took whenever she went jogging. "If you don't mind, could you please fill this up for me?"

"Shall we go inside?" I invited Ixora to come since it was heating outside. I guessed it would be pretty logical for me to do while she was waiting for her drink. Yet, she shook to refuse.

"Thank you, but I'll wait here..." Ixora smiled again. "There's something I need to look around here..."

I really didn't understand what she meant by that so I dashed back to my house to refill and gave her bottle back as soon as I could.

"Thank you..." she thanked me again.

"May I know the something you want to see?" I couldn't hold my curiosity.

I let Ixora take one big gulp before answering.

"It's Olivier..." Ixora answered. "Yes, we all know that she's sick but Kaoru told me that Olivier said that she's feeling better just now. Reanne was afraid that she would sneak out to your farm and that's why I do this."

"The clinic should have told me that so I could watch too..." I nodded wisely.

"It's not like Reanne and Kaoru won't notify you, though..." Ixora concluded. "You have your hands full with the farm work and the chance of Olivier's sneaking outside is slim to none, so it's not really a big deal."