Ch 16: Jealousy

The boys' night out last night left Lance speechless --literally speechless as he wouldn't dare to even utter a single letter

The boys' night out last night left Lance speechless --literally speechless as he wouldn't dare to even utter a single letter. Meanwhile, I honestly didn't want to give him a single care just because he suddenly went silent.

The next day, I determined to go to the clinic. I remembered that Reanne asked for my personal health because she obliged me to do that and I supposedly had to do that.

Nah, I knew that Reanne was worrying everyone. No other words were needed; I voluntarily gave her my health document.

The clinic was kinda lively –I really shouldn't have to say that for the clinic. But, they got so many people assembling at the clinic. I peeked a little; the girls were jabbering in the guest room.

"Welcome!" Elise greeted me when I entered the clinic. "Oops, sorry. Out of habit."

I smiled when Elise scooted over just to let me sit beside her.

"Oh, do you bring your document?" Reanne asked at a stroke. She left the book that she was reading.

"I do," I replied as I handed my document over to Reanne. She looked satisfied. After a small thanks, she went back to her office.

"Oh! Wait!" Reanne stopped before reaching her office. "You didn't come here for a check-up, right? How are you feeling?"

Awww, bless her heart. Typical Reanne who didn't even forget to check everyone's condition.

"Don't worry, I'm hale and hearty!" I grinned from ear to ear.

"Alright," she proceeded to go to her room.

That was when I noticed that the whole chit-chatting happened was all stopped only to listen to Reanne talking as if they were taking everything that Reanne uttered as something salient. And, of course, it was pole apart when she was absent.

"Are you by yourself?" asked Kaoru so suddenly.

I signaled a yes.

"Why?" I gave the question back.

"This girl has been talking about Lance round the clock," Elise took the liberty of answering. "She won't stop even after I said that I'm getting bored of her talking."

Kaoru sulked, Yummi giggled, Ixora nodded, Aura still with her book unbothered, and Olivier on the corner enjoyed her chicken soup.

What a unique combination of homo sapiens in this clinic.

"Well, I mean he looks like a brand-new breath on this island..." Kaoru tried to defend.

"He stands out than everyone."

"Lance, huh?" Aura plainly smiled. "A new breath indeed."

"Oh? You know something about him, Aura?" Kaoru got excited in an instant.

"What you said just now is right," Aura continued while flipping her pages. "A new breath, but the stink one."

"Lance never brushes his teeth?" Olivier got excited almost so suddenly that her eyes sparked.

"Something smelly is not something you need to be excited about, Olivier..." Yummi tried to push Olivier's excitement.

A bit disappointed, Olivier resumed her eating.

"How can you know that his breath stinks..." Kaoru hesitated. "Don't tell me you were..."

"Come on..." Aura stopped Kaoru from the misconception. "I don't like someone at that low level."

"You love someone on a higher level?" Elise, this time, caught sharp.

"Pretty much, yes," Aura smiled with her eyes still reading the book. "You won't gain everything if we should compare him with the breath stink Lance."

The spectators were all confused by Aura's testimony.

"Well, put that aside. I mean he's pretty good looking!" Kaoru explained. "Right, Luna?"

I was shocked. It should be expected, I knew. After all, it was only me who knew Lance from his younger self and I did admit that he was amazing –both in his appearance and behavior. Though the behaviors changed, his appearance was still the same.

"Yes," I replied.

"See!!" Kaoru cheered. "I told you that he's good-looking! Why don't you guys believe in me??"

Elise sighed.

"It's because our eyes are all fixed on different boys, Kaoru," Elise gave me an honest answer. "The chosen boy in our eyes would still win."

Ixora and Yummi nodded. I couldn't help but try to move my gaze to Olivier and see how her reaction was.

AAAndd... she still ate the food. No love showed in her eyes.

"What are you looking at?" Olivier was annoyed. "I'm not comfortable being stared at. Please stare at someone else."

"Sorry!" I diverted my sight.

Seeing my reaction, others thought the same thing: that I knew something about Olivier and Jin.

"You know the thing with Jin?" Yummi asked softly.

"That's pretty obvious..." I shrugged. "He didn't even try to hide it but she doesn't know."

Yummi giggled. "Olivier only has the age. She needs to learn from Jin."

"What do I need to learn?" Olivier eavesdropped, asked, and munched at the same time. "Does he know something that I don't know?"

"Of course!" Yummi answered.

"What's that?" asked Olivier again.

"You better ask that to Jin yourself, okay?" Ixora threw the perfect solution. "It would make less sense if it's coming from us."

"Oki..." Olivier nodded while holding the bowl.

"Back to me, please! Back to me!!"

Kaoru begged for attention and we had no problem on giving her the problem she needed.

"So, are you trying to let him know?" Yummi asked.

"Hmm... for starter, it would be all-natural if I try to engage in some chitty-chatty with him, right?" Kaoru looked like she was developing a perfect scheme. "Do you know what's his favorite topic, Luna?"

A tiny bit in my body and soul knew well that I couldn't take this. I also had this crush on Lance, and it would be unfair for me to get side-tracked so easily by Kaoru who acted better. A pain suddenly took a toll on my body, it was as if... I was jealous.

"He... could talk in all topics, I guess..." I answered. "But he likes Mawar."

The crowd froze.