Ch 31: Way of life

After the 'disaster', the Cowies could feel some ease

After the 'disaster', the Cowies could feel some ease. Ease as in what if I may ask? Ease in everything, to be precise. There was no sudden yelling, no drama, and life couldn't be better.

I enjoyed it so much.

Mawar somehow could behave better... a bit. Sometimes I could see her dining at Two Pines with Lance and making some calls. Complaining? I didn't know. One thing for sure, she and Lance didn't seem to 'notice' me, or rather they chose to not notice me like I was a kind of ignorant bug.

None of that bugged me, after all.

Ludwig, on the other hand, was looking sour all day as if he served a senseless queen. Mawar asked and ordered too much –good for business, but NOT! She asked for discounts. She also littered and didn't even help to put her dishes out after she had done eating, merely because it wasn't her job. One moment I saw her raging because Elise told her that loyalty shouldn't ask for a 'discount', and then there came Mawar's upcoming disaster. She screamed that she could afford the whole menu if she wanted.

"Yes, sure, please do," –was Ludwig's genuine reaction.

How about the survey?

Mawar demanded the officers to hold a re-exam in a group. I suspected that she would ask Lance to cooperate, just because he was 'useful' for her.

"Nah, she would ask Olivier."

I looked at my cute doctor before me. She, indeed, had a different perspective to approach everything. It was day 3 after the exam and supposedly the result came today. That was why I was here... with Ludwig who got a sudden headache –the first time I heard him sick, only by serving Mawar.

"Why she asked Olivier?"

"Because Olivier got the whole mountain stored in her brain..." Reanne answered. "And she was too afraid to ask me, who knows the whole medications."

"Lance was useless at that moment, of course," Ludwig added. "He is still learning and he doesn't know anything about the mountain... though he's easy to manipulate though. Not really manly."

I nodded in agreement. The young Lance was waaay manlier than he was now.

"Well, Ludwig..." Reanne altered the topic.

"Yes, Reanne?" answered Ludwig, sparklingly.

Reanne covered her face below the glasses –holding a burst of laughter.

"YOU LOOK HEALTHY, YOU KNOW!" Kaoru yelled from the patient's bed. "WHERE DO YOU GET THE SICKNESS??"

"Yeeaa..." Olivier added plainly.

"Oh goodness, I told you. These 3 days I wasn't even able to sleep peacefully! My body ached and my head was spinning so hard!" Ludwig stated. "Oohhh, it was so hard to even breathe!"

"THEN WHY CAN YOU BREATHE NOW??" Kaoru yelled again.

"Yeeaaa..." Olivier added.

"STOP YELLING AND YEEAA-ING!" Ludwig exploded. "Honest to God! I couldn't even work properly!"

The World We Live InOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara