Ch 43: Family

The class was fun, honestly! But I didn't think that it was that fun after all the ruckus happened thanks to Lance.

After 5 hours of incompassionate torture of sitting beside Lance, finally, the class ended. It didn't matter how much you love the class, we would still love the feeling when the class finished.

I quickly ran to the back rows... to Reanne. I wanted to see Olivier's handwriting but I guessed I was out of luck. She was already running to an unknown place, ignoring her friends in the classroom.

"Let her be," Reanne commented while tidying her books. "She needs to run or she will be going crazy."

Okay, I was 100% curious about this but since Reanne said that she would be fine, then I wouldn't meddle with her mentality.

"Hey, Reanne," Ludwig approached her to the table. "There's a place that I and Cole want to visit. Do you want to join us?"

Uh, I knew it was bad timing as I could see that Cole and Yummi also came in closer to Reanne's table. I would pretty much leave the discussion but I didn't really want to be left alone at this time.

"Yes sure, if you allow Luna to be with us," Reanne adjusted her glasses as if she could right through me.

"Of course. I can't see why not," Ludwig shrugged and smiled. "Let's go."

I felt thrilled but guilty at the same time. I thought that Ludwig wanted to be with Reanne alone for a bit longer yet of course I noticed the steady couple Cole and Yummi were tagging along too. I tried to shoo my guilt away and thankfully, Reanne held my hand as if I didn't need to run away now.

We walked away from the palace after bowing to knights and maids in the hallways. I thought of palace life as a life with suffocating needs and requirements, yet I was so wrong. Seeing how chill Mamoru and Jin's parents were and how Mamoru and Jin turned out to be, I was positive that it depended on the ruler. If the ruler was this wise and considerate, the offspring and villagers would reply with the same action as the ruler.

After all, I did believe that the ruler was the reflection of that team.

Right after we stepped off of the palace, we could see so many kinds of stalls. The shopping spree monster inside of me was struggling really hard to not shop. If it was our real dimension, I could shop all I wanted.

BUT NOT IN THIS ERA! I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY JUST TO BUY A BIT!

"Reanne, you know..." I whispered in her ears.

"Yes?" Reanne replied.

"We need to find a job..." I expressed my concern. "One month is a bit too much for window shopping every day."

"What? Hahahahaha..." Reanne laughed. "You're probably right. Let's see around the village. Maybe we could see someone's looking for help."

I nodded and held Reanne's arm tightly. I didn't want to lose my awareness of my surroundings as I was so thirsty to do some shopping. Well, it wasn't like I'm a shopaholic, for a starter. I rarely shopped even in our dimension. It was just because I wanted to taste the local cuisine here... oh! Also bought some cute clothes and...

My eyes caught a glimpse of modern clothes. Now I thought about it, the red jacket Jin wore was 100% modern. I scratched my not-so-itchy scalp and continued on following my friends.

"Here we are..."

Cole's sudden words wake us up in front of a big building. Judging from the take-outs people had coming from the building, I instantly knew that it was a restaurant or sort of. I directed my head to the plaque on the building.