Ch 51: Smell

After the incident of Jin's so stinky, he made a huge effort to notice the smell around him, which was kind of useless. Our noses were incomparable with how sensitive Olivier's nose was. If she got haters, I bet people would judge her senses. Yes, that would be what the haters said. We, who loved her, knew right ahead that her nose and hearing saved us a few times.

"That shortie predicted thunderstorms just by hearing animals' sounds and sniffing the cloud," Ludwig told a sudden story as all of us were playing UNO cards before sleeping. "It was like we have our own weather forecast made in Cowie but she wasn't born in Cowie."

Yes, someone purchased a UNO pack from the market.

"It mattered much?" I asked nonchalantly.

"It mattered..." Elise said. "Kyo was going to go to the mainland but he delayed the plan because of the warning."

"Ah..." I nodded, still focused on my own cards.

"I thought she was bluffing, honestly," Storm added.

"No one bought it, of course. I didn't either..." Ludwig hid his cards from the creeps lurking around him. "I had no choice but to believe her."

"What do you mean?" I asked, while still focusing on my own cards.

"Reanne asked everyone to believe in Olivier," Kaoru explained, putting her card on the table as it was her turn. "Well, Reanne never bluffed and we put our trust in high-tier so we believed."

"See? I had no choice but to believe," Ludwig made his justification.

"Yeah, whatever, dude," I shrugged, placing my card on the pile. "Uno!"

"AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!"

The Cowies made a sudden dragon noise when I held my last piece of card. Whatever, it was fun anyway to see them all losing. Oh, the best part was seeing the ancient people who never touched Uno cards trying to learn about the game. Meanwhile, for me, I was born and raised with Uno piles.

Yes, it was exciting, but I hoped that Olivier would be here, play, and stay with us again.

On the next day, I noticed that better air circulation filled the palace. I wasn't really sure about the smell, but I could feel the breeze pampering my hair and cheeks. Reanne opened the windows so early in the morning for the girls' side and Jin had the work for the boys' side. I also saw that the maids didn't put any perfume on the flower vase. Just water, now. Well, I didn't say that they didn't open the windows regularly, but hey! No smell versus smell did make a difference right?

How about the bath?

Jin made sure that he handled the problem perfectly. Wearing perfume and smelling good were the rights of human beings, so rather than spoiling Olivier's nose, he asked the helpers to not put any scent on the hot bath. If anyone's looking for some perfume, they can easily access the perfume room.

What's a perfume room?

"We have a room full of perfumes, so that's why it's called a perfume room," Mamoru tilted his head to answer my question. "I guess the name's given, right?"

Yes, I'm sorry for being so obvious, Mamoru! Sometimes I didn't fully understand if Mamoru was being sarcastic or just having a poor attitude. Never mind, I was in a good mood this morning and I didn't want anyone to ruin the party.

Oh, by the way, the case was brought to the upper fellas. Since it was dealing with people in the palace, Jin thought that it was the right thing to put the perfume off in most areas.

"What do you think, Love?" the king asked his wife who sat beside him.

"Honestly I'm fed up with the usual floral scent, Love..." the queen shook her head. "It's filling the whole place."