Ch 15: An awkward gathering

"I don't know why are you being this insane for this whole day

"I don't know why are you being this insane for this whole day."

I picked my nose up, unbothered.

"I'm talking to you, Charlonzi."

"Yeah yeah, you talked as if I'm not listening to you."

"That's because you didn't even understand and care about what I've been talking about!"

It was night, and I just heard from Cole that the boys were going to gather on the Two Pines tonight. I wouldn't want to miss this chat to iron Lance's wrinkled mind. His mind even was more wrinkled than the sheets we used to wash in the orphanage.

"Do you even try to listen and do what I want?"

Lance frosted because he couldn't turn my words back. I let him take his sweet time to think and judge for whatever he had done for me and the others on the island. Wouldn't he be able to think straight about all of this?

"Alright," Lance sighed. "I will go just this one time. You follow me and if I still think that it will be a waste of time, then I won't go ever again."

I smiled from ear to ear.

We went down from the mountain to join the boys' night out. I could see that Lance had been doing his job properly as he was still meeting some difficulties on the mountain road – he stumbled for some time.

"It's not even dark..." I facepalmed.

"Can you blame me if I feel that my safety is at stake here?" annoyed Lance. "You're seriously annoying."

I threw my flashlight to him to use. I guess I should stop being annoying for tonight or else Lance would abort his intention to meet with the guys.

"Use that and follow me," I passed Lance and made him come after me.

"How can you be this familiar with mountain roads?" he asked.

"I don't know?" I replied. "For starters, I listened to Storm's suggestion, also I picked the route that Olivier mentioned..."

"We have a different route?"

"No," I added. "I meant on the steps. Like if it's possible, try to avoid the lumps... the mud... and the grass. Step on the stones she pathed on the road. They're not shaped well but sturdy enough as the stepping."

That's when I heard that Lance just drowned his foot. He was shaken and speechless.

"I... should listen more..." he whispered.

"You should," I smiled while helping him throwing his misfortune.

We stopped at the lake to wash Lance's foot. The lake water was icy cold and he couldn't complain more to cover his own doing. As I tried to clean his foot, I saw the water circles coming from different sides. Someone was at the lake at this hour.