01

messages, irl, social media

chloe - chlorine 💕
kaia - betty 🐻
(betty is short for elizabeth which is her middle name)

_________________________________________

chlorine 💕
hey girl i'll be over in 10 to get ready together

betty 🐻
okayy just walk right in i'm ab to hop in the shower

chlorine 💕
kk see you soon munchkin

betty 🐻
you can join me if you so please 🤭

chlorine 💕
don't tempt me 😘
read 6:59am

_________________________________________

kaia puts her phone down and presses play on her shower playlist and illicit affairs is the first song that comes on. she throws her pyjamas in the hamper and hops in the already warmed-up shower. she washes her hair then rinses out the shampoo, careful to not get any in her eyes. she then puts in the conditioner and lets it sit while she washes her face with her favourite green tea face wash.

while she's letting the conditioner sit, she hears the front door open downstairs and chloe greet her mom, then come clomping up the stairs. chloe knocks on the bathroom door.

"come in!" kaia shouts over the sound of the loud water and music.

"hey babe i'm just gonna brush my teeth and do my hair while you're in there." chloe says, setting down her bag on the bathroom counter.

"okay. hey can i hit your-" she's interrupted by chloe's hand poking around the shower curtain handing kaia her vape.

"thank you" she smiles, this is their routine almost every morning before school.

"hey so i promised nick i'd get him starbucks on the way this morning because matt refuses to leave the house until 5 minutes before class, do you care if we stop there on the way?" chloe asks as she turns the tap on to wet her toothbrush.

"yeah that's fine, my mom gave me $20 today for food. i'll cover it, but you owe me. maybe we can convince nick to finally have a pink drink." kaia says.

"yeah, i doubt that'll ever happen." chloe muffles through the sudsy toothpaste in her mouth.

kaia rinses the conditioner out of her hair and the facewash off her face. she turns off the shower and reaches out the curtain to grab her towel.

chloe finishes brushing her teeth and steps out the door so kaia can put her clothes on.

she puts on her matching sports bra and underwear set, pulls on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie nick gave her last week when chris tripped and spilled pepsi all over her clean one.

"okay i'm dressed." kaia says, letting chloe know she can come back in the bathroom to do their hair together.

she walks in and grabs her comb and hair gel. chloe does a messy slick back bun and kaia blow dries her hair, keeping it straight.

"okay are we forgetting anything?" kaia asks chloe as they're about to leave, both the girls grabbing their school bags and keys.