13

irl, social media

the bell rings at the end of the day and kaia says goodbye to james in the parking lot before she gets in her car with chloe.

nick, matt, and chris walk outside as she's hugging james and matt rolls his eyes. he watches her get in her car and drive off.

james stands outside his car and waves to her as she drives away. once the girls are gone, he's about to get in his car but he sees the triplets approaching, their cars are one space apart, but kaia's spot has sat empty all day.

matt stares at the empty parking spot as they walk towards the van.

"hey, man. how were your classes today?" chris asks james once they're within talking distance.

matt rolls his eyes and gets in the car to wait for nick and chris to be done talking to james. he can hear them talking through the window, it's quiet enough because the engine is off.

"pretty good. didn't get much work done, though. i've been distracted all day." james admits.

"why? something bothering you?" nick asks.

matt rolls his eyes and twiddles his thumbs waiting for his brothers to be done this stupid conversation.

"the date, remember?" he smiles.

when matt hears this, he turns the keys in the ignition and the loud noise interrupts james while he's speaking, matt smiles to himself.

the three boys outside turn their heads to matt. james looks confused, but he doesn't really seem to care. nick and chris look slightly annoyed.

"sorry about him. he's on his period." nick jokes.

"don't worry about it. he has seemed off lately, though. and nobody has told me what's going on, i feel like i did something wrong." james says in a quieter voice.

"i'll text you about it later. he's probably annoyed and wants to get going, we'll see you tomorrow?" chris nods.

"yeah, for sure." james smiles back.

"let us know how the date goes, alright?" nick looks at james.

"i will." he agrees.

"treat her well, she's like our little sister." chris warns him.

"oh, don't worry about it. i'll be a gentleman." james assures the boys.

"sounds good. we'll talk to you later." nick waves goodbye as james gets in his car.

nick hops in the backseat, chris in the passenger's. matt immediately seems annoyed, but they ignore his attitude.

"matt, you can calm down. enough with the mattitude, it's getting old." nick says to matt as he backs out of the parking spot and starts driving home.

"quit saying that corny shit, nick." matt responds.

"breaking news : matthew stromboli, officially the toughest guy ever." nick mocks him.

"nick, i'm gonna fucking hit you." matt looks back at him and nick just smiles.

"okay, enough." chris laughs at both of them.