66

irl

matt covers his mouth with one hand as he drives, not able to stop the tears but trying to soften the harshness.

he manages to make it home without fataly crashing his car, and he dashes straight upstairs. nick, chris, nathan, and chloe see him.

"he is not okay." nate shakes his head, pausing the movie they were watching.

"i'm gonna go see her today." chloe states, leaning her head against chris' shoulder.

"that's a good idea." chris agrees.

"he seems so much worse than last time." nick sighs.

"what the hell are we gonna do?" chris asks, running his hands through his hair.

"i am gonna be there for her, maybe i can talk her out of it, but probably not any time soon. you three are gonna try your absolute best to keep matt from doing anything stupid, and you're gonna have to try to not let him stay in his room all day. if you need to take a break from youtube, do it. the world won't end without a few videos, but his world will end if he loses her AND you guys." chloe speaks, pulling out her phone.

"are you texting kaia? matt is crying, something definitely happened, she probably won't answer her phone right now." chris asks.

"i'm texting anne to see if she can come pick me up and take me to her house." she answers, typing away on her phone.

"you really think she'd let kaia stay home alone like this?" nick questions.

"she's technically not alone, willow is there." chloe responds.

"i didn't even think about that, willow is gonna be crushed if she never sees matt again." nick adds.

"shit. anne said she would but she can't leave kaia alone. she was crying outside and she just got her upstairs to her room." chloe shuts off her phone.

"told you so." nick sticks out his tongue at chloe.

"not the time, nick." chloe rolls her eyes sarcastically.

"justin!!" chloe shouts, turning around on the couch and looking down the hallway to see if he was in the bathroom.

"what do you want?! i'm shitting!" he answers.

everyone laughs and chloe ignores them.

"can you hurry up? come here!" she shouts back.

they wait for a couple minutes before he finally comes out of the bathroom, entering the living room.

"can you take me to kaia's? pretty please?" chloe fake pouts.

"sure, i was gonna head back home in a few minutes, anyway. i heard what happened, is she okay?" he asks, grabbing his things from around the room.

"no, neither is matt." she shakes her head, standing up off the couch.

chloe runs up to chris' room to pack her things. she hears matt crying from his room as she passes, feeling endlessly bad for him. she runs back downstairs to see everyone still talking on the couch.