71

irl, social media

marylou no longer knew what she could do for matt, he had completely given up on everything. she couldn't get him to leave his room let alone go to school.

she had been recieving emails from the school about the upcoming graduation, nick and chris tried to get him excited about it.

as of right now, matt has been telling everyone he will not be walking the graduation stage, he'll just get his diploma in the mail.

he knew that if he saw kaia in her graduation gown and cap on a day that important, that he would lose his mind.

she also had no intentions of walking the stage, though she had been doing work from home and she is currently on track to graduate.

jimmy and marylou had been trying to convince matt to go because they wanted to see their triplet boys graduate together, they watched justin graduate and they loved it.

marylou stayed in touch with anne, they would regularily talk on the phone to check on the kids. that is how marylou knew kaia wouldn't be walking, so she used that to try and convince matt to go with his brothers.

the pain of the breakup hadn't gone away or gotten any better, it was just becoming easier for both of them to function, atleast in their own houses.

chloe had managed to get kaia out of the house for a few hours, they drove around and got food, kaia was on watch the entire time for the possibility of seeing matt. she didn't know if seeing him would've been a good or a bad thing.

_________________________________________

kaiawright posted

liked by chrissturniolo, chloe

liked by chrissturniolo, chloe.warner, nicolassturniolo, matthewsturniolo, nathandoe, 202,487 others

kaiawright as hard as my poor parent's teenage daughter 🤍

comments

chrissturniolo was not expecting to see u post today
>kaiawright chloe made me leave the house

chloe.warner YESSS QUEEN BACK ON YOUR INSTA GRIND??
>kaiawright no this will hopefully never happen again

nicolassturniolo yesss girl you are so beautiful 💕 miss u hope ur doing well
>kaiawright imy moreeee love you

nathandoe ok emo reference i don't understand 🕴
>kaiawright i'm just a girl 🤷🏻‍♀️

user chat i think the breakup is official
>user i don't believe in love anymore

user they were endgame. i'm so upset

user they might not have broken up, they both left up their posts together
>user yeah bc they were in love, that cant be easy to just delete

user i always dreaded the day they break up we waited so long for them to be together

user no bc nick said "miss you" she hasnt hung out with any of them any time recently they really broke up
>user stop im already crying

user matt still liked the post maybe they're friends
>user definitely not i think they just broke up on good terms

user help the caption is so sad

user  her first post in months this is so heartbreaking for them both

_________________________________________

matt sighs, shutting off his phone after seeing her post. he hoped she wouldn't be upset by him liking it, they did both still follow eachother they just don't speak at all.

he runs a hand through his hair, huffing and sitting up in his bed. he looks around his room and sees the pile of her things still sitting in the corner by his closet, right where she'd always get ready in the mornings next to his mirror.

matt had thrown out the rootbeer can that justin left in his room a few weeks into him and kaia dating. he saw it as a symbol of not having her, so he got rid of it when he was happy and in love.

he leaves his room and walks down the hallway, noticing chris is not in his room. matt steps into chris' room and immediately sees chloe's clothes scattered all over.

it obviously reminds him of kaia, matt feels jealous and angry that chris still has the girl he is in love with. everytime chloe comes over to visit chris, matt avoids her at all costs, knowing he'll just be reminded of kaia.

chloe checks in on matt every once in a while, per kaia's request. he doesn't mind it, but he still feels weird being so close to kaia yet so far.

matt walks over to the mini fridge in chris' room, and opens it. he takes out a cold rootbeer and quickly leaves chris' room, not wanting to get caught.

he walks back into his room, and turns the light on before shutting the door with his foot. he cracks open the can and stares at his room for a minute.

he sighs and looks from his desk and gaming setup over to his bed, remembering the day he went live with kaia and the things they did later that night.

he looks back on the memory with a sad feeling in the pit of his stomach. he remembers how vulnerable she was, and thinks how lucky he must've been to make her trust him like that.

they loved eachother so deeply, though they only took things that far the one time. they didn't want the relationship to be built on their sexual feelings towards eachother.

if it was gonna last, it had to be based on love and understanding. matt still loves and understands kaia equally as much as he did when they were together, but the sound of her laugh and the touch of her skin had started to slip from his mind.

he sat down on his bed and set the can on his nightstand, curling into a ball under his blanket.

there was no escaping her, she lingers in every corner of the house, especially his room. matt began to hyperventilate and cry as he tries so desperately to remember the feeling in his chest he would get when he'd hear her laugh, the whole place was like a haunted house.

she wasn't there with him, yet she still was more than ever.

1009 words