06

irl, phone call

kaia screams and kicks her feet, giggling. she picks up her phone and immediately calls chloe.

_________________________________________

hey, what's up? you're on speaker by the way

who are you with right now?

chris and nick. want me to call you later?

no it's okay GUESS WHAT

what?

JAMES JUST OFFICIALLY ASKED ME ON A DATE

WHAT THE FUCK??!! KAIA ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS

YES HE JUST TEXTED ME. WE'RE GOING ON A DATE TOMORROW

kaia that's amazing! are you nervous?

definitely a bit, i have a question for nick and chris

what's up?

do you think matt will be upset? he doesn't really seem to like james and i'm not sure why.

well it's pretty obvious why. he might be but that's not our place, just talk to matt.

yeah he's gonna pick me up in like 10 minutes. he said he wants to talk about something so i'll just say something then.

oh, yikes. okay, let us know how that goes.

yikes? what do you mean? do you know what he wants to tell me?

i guess you'll just have to find out.

chris, tell me.

kaia, be honest. how do you feel about matt?

i love him, he's my bestie. why?

you sure? nothing else?

no? why are you asking?

nevermind. just be careful, okay?

alright. i'll talk to you guys at school, i need to get dressed before matt gets here.

bye, love you!

love you three so much. bye!

________________________________________

she was confused, but shrugged and turned her phone off, standing up to get dressed.

kaia threw on some clothes and brushed her teeth, then did her hair. she grabbed all her school things and ran downstairs to say goodbye to her mom before school.

"hey, mom. matt's about to pick me up. chloe is taking nick and chris today." she walks into the kitchen and greets her mom.

"alright, sweetie. remember willow is staying the weekend so don't make any crazy plans at the house friday night." her mom reminds her.