78

irl

"kaia!" chloe shouts.

"what?!" she answers with a smile on her face, playfully stepping infront of matt and pretending to hide him.

"dude!" nick shouts at matt, pulling his arm to step out from behind kaia.

"what?!" matt throws his hands up.

"what the fuck is going on?" chris rubs his forehead.

"kai?" matt invites her to explain.

"kai?! what the fuck? you guys are talking again? since when? how are nicknames back?" chloe interrogates kaia.

everyone makes their way over to kaia's bed and sits down on it, they all look at kaia to explain as matt rubs her back.

"uhhhh, i don't know what happened. he kidnapped me?" kaia laughs.

"baby!" matt shouts at her.

"BABY?!" nick, chris, and chloe all shout in unison.

nick and chris stand up at the same time and walk out of her room dramatically, pacing back inside after they've collected their thoughts. chloe remains on the bed with her mouth wide open in shock.

"we might have, uhhh-" kaia starts, not able to contain her laughter.

"ran into eachother at the grocery store. and then i came back here with her after we put willow to bed last night." matt explains, finishing kaia's sentence.

"where is willow? and anne? matt, where the fuck is your car?" nick questions.

"i think my mom is out with willow somewhere, i have no clue. and his car is down the road so you guys wouldn't see it, we wanted to properly surprise you." kaia explains, nudging matt.

"hold on. you're a "we" now? what the fuck happened? matt, why didn't you answer anyone?! we were seriously worried." chris glares at matt.

"phone died. i just plugged it in this morning." he shrugs.

"you gonna answer my first question?" chris asks.

"uhhhhh-" kaia laughs, rubbing her neck.

"yes or no, are you two back together?" chloe asks directly, staring at kaia.

"yes." matt quickly answers, not thinking about it.

chloe falls back on the bed and nick and chris hug eachother as they begin laughing hysterically.

"FUCKING FINALLY!" nick points at matt and kaia.

"i mean, holy shit." chris shakes his head.

"well, that was easier than we thought it was gonna be." chloe laughs, sitting up and leaning against chris.

"what?" matt and kaia both ask simultaneously.

"we had a whole elaborate plan for prom, this saves so much time and effort." nick laughs.

matt looks over at kaia, remembering prom and that he has to ask her. after all, he is her boyfriend again.