28

irl

they arrived at their house at a little past 4. everyone piled inside the house and slumped on the couches in the living room.

kaia had only been to la two other times for photoshoots of her own without the triplets. almost everything else for her social media she can do from boston.

"this place is nicer than i thought it would be." chloe jokes.

"thank you, it was expensive." chris responds cockily.

"chris." nick stops him.

"what should we do?" nate asks.

"i need a shower. i'm exhausted and sweaty." kaia says.

"you can use my bathroom, nobody goes down there." chris replies.

"thank you." she answers, dragging her suitcase downstairs.

"movie?" matt asks.

"this is us." chloe suggests.

"a real movie, not a one direction documentary." chris rolls his eyes.

"yeah, but picture the look on kaia's face when she comes back and we're watching it." chloe adds.

"whatever, just put it on." nick sighs.

everyone brings their bags to their rooms while chloe puts the documentary on.

after they all return, everyone sits together on the couches and matt makes everyone popcorn.

"we're gonna have to go shopping later. we cleared everything out of the fridge last time we left la which was months ago and we need food." chris says.

"can we go t-" matt starts.

"no, matt. we're not going to erewhon. just because we have the money doesn't mean we have to waste it." nick cuts him off.

"you sound like mom." matt crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

"i don't care. don't be stupid." nick complains.

kaia eventually finishes up in the shower and brings her suitcase to nick's room, but sees what they're watching on the tv on the way upstairs.

"guys! what the fuck?!" she shouts, carrying her heavy bag.

"chloe's idea." chris says, his arm already around her.

"hurry up so you can watch with us." chloe smiles.

kaia runs upstairs and leaves her things on nick's bed. she races back downstairs and the only available seat is between matt and nathan.

she doesn't think too much about it and just sits there to share the popcorn with nate.

she almost immediately notices matt looking at her from the corner of her eye, but she ignores it.

everyone passes out while watching the movie due to exhaustion from the plane and doesn't wake up until 7.

matt is the first to wake up and he notices kaia asleep on nate's arm, so he stands up and grabs pots and pans from the kitchen.

he starts banging them together and everyone jolts awake.

"matthew, what the fuck is wrong with you?" nick shouts, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"we need to go grocery shopping before everwhere closes. and we won't have time tomorrow with setting up the party and everything at the venue." matt says.

everyone groans and stands up, throwing on sweaters and getting into the car once matt pulls it out of the garage.

they drive to a local grocery store and stock up on the food they'll need for the time they're gonna be here. kaia and chloe have to act like their moms because all the boys want to get is junk food and nothing for cooking actual meals.