42

irl

while watching movies on the couch with everyone, kaia films a tiktok of herself lip syncing to "mr loverman" by rick montgomery, matt's face just out of frame as she's laying against his chest.

it's pretty obviously him, even his necklace is clearly in the video. at the end, she turns the camera to chloe sitting next to her with the caption "hard launch". risky, but funny.

matt does the same thing with the song "woman" by harry styles, the very top of kaia's hair showing beneath him lip syncing, and showing chris to his other side at the very end with the same caption.

obvious enough without having to say it; kaia's last actual hard launch on social media obviously did not end well.

after a couple hours, kaia tells matt it's time she should be going home to see her mom and because she needs a good sleep for her first day back to school.

kaia hugs chloe goodbye, because her mom is just gonna pick her up later. then she hugs chris, nick, and nathan. lastly, justin, marylou, and jimmy as her and matt leave the front door.

kaia hops in the passenger's seat of matt's car and he puts his seatbelt on, turning the keys in the ignition as the most recently played song starts from a cd nick and kaia had been listening to earlier.

the song plays and there's a brief moment where matt and kaia make eye contact as he puts a hand on the back of her headrest and turns around to back out. the song? deja vu by olivia rodrigo.

kaia bursts into a fit of laughter and folds her body forward, holding her head in her hands while she laughs hysterically, matt completely clueless.

"what are you on about?" he chuckles, stopping once on the road.

"do you know what this song is called?" kaia asks.

"um, i don't know. driver's licence?" matt asks with a small laugh.

"nope. deja vu. and where are we?" kaia asks again.

"my... house?" he grows more confused.

kaia rolls her eyes and hops out of the car, runs up to the driveway, and puts on a mini one man show of her arguing back and forth with an imaginary person.

matt leans out his window to watch her in amusement, suddenly realizing what she was referring to, and he, too, began laughing.

"kaia! c'mon!" matt shouts at her from the car.

"i'm just saying." kaia shrugs, walking back to the car.

she hops in, closes the door, and puts her seatbelt back on.

"you done?" matt asks sarcastically.

"yes." kaia dramatically rolls her eyes.

"if i make up the lost kiss in the driveway this time, will you stop worrying about it?" matt offers.

"actually, yes. i would." kaia nods happily.

matt laughs and pulls back into the driveway in the same spot where the argument took place.