50

irl

matt visits kaia everyday. nick, chris, chloe, and nathan also come to see her every couple days.

by the day of her discharge, all her casts are off and she's almost completely healed up.

matt texts her to say what time he'll be picking her up and she asks him to stop by her house and grab her a change of clothes, the ones she was wearing the day of the crash were torn and covered in blood stains, and all she has been wearing is hospital gowns.

matt stops by kaia's house and her mom lets him in, they exchange small talk, mostly about kaia, and he grabs her some clothes from her room to change into.

as he's leaving her room with the clothes in the bag, he stops to look at the framed picture on her nighstand, loving the memory.

he says goodbye to kaia's mom and gets in his car, heading over to the hospital with her clothes and another bouquet of flowers.

he checks in at the front desk as always, heading up to her room and walking in, seeing her standing up and cleaning up her stuff, mostly gifts that people have brought her over the past month.

she smiles when she sees him, surrounding him in a huge hug and taking the bag of clothes to the bathroom and changing.

he waits for her in her room, she returns with a big smile on her face, much more comfortable in these clothes.

"thank you so much, this is so much better than stupid hospital gowns." she nods, handing him the empty bag and grabbing all her things, including the new fresh tulips.

"anything for you." he smiles, walking to the elevator with her.

she has to sign a couple forms at the front desk, and she checks out and walks out into the parking lot with matt, looking for his car.

he unlocks the trunk and they put all her bags of gifts and dirty clothes in there, he closes it and opens her door for her.

"m'lady." he bows, holding it open as she laughs and gets in the car.

"thank you, sir." she laughs, he walks around to the driver's side, hopping in and starting the car.

"wanna get some food?" he asks, leaving the hospital parking lot.

"my mom dropped off my new card yesterday, i'll pay." she answers.

"yeah, you're funny." he laughs, driving to taco bell.

she sighs and rolls her eyes, accepting that he's gonna pay no matter what.

they go through the drive thru and take the food back to his house. she carries the food and drinks and he manages to carry in all of her bags.

when they walk in, nick, chris, chloe, and nathan were gathered in the kitchen making lunch and they all smile when they see her.

"kaia!" chloe shouts, running up to her and hugging her.

"careful, i'm still sore." she groans.

"right, sorry." chloe laughs and walks back to her food.

"you guys got takeout? no fair." chris whines.

"yes, chris. i got taken out by a car a month ago, we got food without you." kaia rolls her eyes, setting her's and matt's food down on the counter.

they all laugh at her comment and ask her random questions about how it was, how she's feeling now, stuff like that.

her and matt sit on two barstools pulled up to the kitchen island and eat their taco bell while talking to everyone.

after everyone finishes their food, they crowd around the couch in the living room to watch a movie, kaia's choice.

obviously she picks princess bride again, this time the boys all seem a bit more interested and okay with the movie.

marylou and jimmy walk downstairs and see kaia on the couch, they greet her and ask how she is, and she stands up from her seat next to matt to give them both a quick hug.

she sits back down with him, his arm around her and her head on his chest. he kisses the top of her head and they cuddle up under a blanket, chloe and chris do the same.

"so, when are you gonna be going back to school?" nathan asks her.

"next week. i'm taking the rest of this week off and i'll be going back on monday. my mom is taking me to the dealership tomorrow to look at cars, i got a good chunk of insurance money from that dude, i'm gonna get a nicer car than i had before." she smiles happily.

"i didn't even think about that. i knew he had a trial, i didn't realize you got money even when you were still in the hospital." nate answers.

"yup. got a little over a hundred grand, he's in jail and had to pay all sorts of damages and the lawsuit payed off pretty well. i think i'm gonna get a bmw, i saw a really cool one online but i forget what it's called. i do wanna get it wrapped a light pink like my old one, though." she nods.

"signiture pink car, everyone always knows it's you." nick laughs.

"that's the point. i'm gonna be dripping in bling at school." she jokes and he rolls his eyes playfully.

"i'm even thinking about getting a gigantic diamond chain and walking around in baggy as fuck jeans and a backwards hat at school. maybe even a "new whip, who dis?" tattoo on my forehead." she says dramatically.

"please don't." nick looks concerned.

"joking, obviously." she laughs.

they finish the movie and have dinner a few hours later, and matt drives her home around nine because her mom was dying to see her.

he walks her to the front door to help carry bags and kisses her goodbye, sge carries everything inside and her mom greets her with a big smile.

"i missed you so much, baby." her mom hugs her and she drops her bags.

"i missed you too, mom. but you saw me yesterday." kaia laughs, stepping back from the hug and picking up ger things.

"one day too many." her mom laughs.

kaia takes her things up to her room and unpacks, flopping down on her bed absolutely exhausted.

she texts matt that she's going to bed early and that she'll talk to him tomorrow.

she showers and does her skincare, changing into loose comfortable pyjamas and laying in bed.

it only takes a few minutes before she's fast asleep, the hospital bed was miserable and uncomfortable, this is so much better.

1098 words