02

irl, social media

"hi, i'm the asshole that parked in your spot." the boy says.

kaia makes an awkward face to chloe, looking back at the boy.

"sorry, i didn't know you-" she's cut off.

"it's okay, i'm just messing with you." he insists.

"guys, this is james, i met him yesterday at the mall and he said he's coming to the school this semester so we met up here together." nick explains.

"matt!" kaia rolls her eyes at him.

"what?! how is this my fault?" he throws his hands up in defense.

"you made nick ask for starbucks because you didn't want to leave early but you were here early anyway?" kaia rolls her eyes at the boy.

"yeah, matt. i had to use my vending machine money on your stupid cakepops." chloe adds.

"there's no world where this is my fault. i didn't wanna drive all the way to starbucks then back here. kai, tell chloe this isn't my fault." matt looks at kaia.

"chloe, this is matt's fault." she smiles, looking at her bestfriend.

matt throws his arms up in defeat.

"you are an impossible girl to please." matt rolls his eyes.

"and you matthew, are lazy." kaia repsonds.

"guys, enough. can we acknowledge the other person standing here with no idea what's going on?" nick interrupts.

"sorry, james?" chloe looks at him.

"yeah, sorry for making you guys angry, i'll park further over tomorrow." james says.

"no, it's okay, i'm not actually mad." kaia smiles at him.

matt rolls his eyes and puts his hand on kaia's back pushing her towards the school.

"we need to get to class, guys." matt says, turning his head back to kaia.

"right." james mutters, still smiling at kaia.

she looks back at the boy as matt is forcing her to keep walking. matt looks down at her with an unpleasant "really?" look on his face.

kaia looks back to matt and smiles at him.

they all get in the school right as the bell is ringing, kaia and chloe wave bye to everyone and head to their first period english together.

they sit in their regular seats together at the far back and the teacher introduces the lesson and hears a knock on the door, walking over to unlock it.

"mr prince, you're late." the teacher states.

"sorry, i couldn't find the room number, this school is huge." he apologizes

chloe nudges kaia and she looks up, making eye contact with james. he smiles and starts walking towards an empty desk infront of her.