56

irl

kaia wakes up the next morning to a knock at the door, and she untangles herself from matt's arms to cover herself with a blanket.

they weren't naked, they put back on their underwear because she still didn't want to risk anything.

she clears her throat and tries to fix her hair. matt, still asleep, rolls over and puts his arm across her lap as she's sitting up.

"yeah?" she answers, covered with his sheet.

"can i open the door?" chloe asks, a rather happy tone to her voice.

kaia looks at matt who is covered from his chest up, so she looks back at the door.

"yeah, be quiet." kaia whispers.

chloe quietly opens the door, a huge smile on her face. she notices that kaia is covering the fact that she's only wearing a bra.

"kaia! what did you do?" she asks playfully.

"i'll tell you later, what's up?" she whispers, trying not to wake up matt.

"come here!" chloe whispers, motioning kaia to the door.

she, again, looks at matt who is fast asleep, his arms across kaia's body. she carefully replaces herself with a pillow so he still has something to lay on, and kaia sneaks out of the bed with chloe watching impatiently.

kaia tosses on a tshirt and a pair of shorts and tippy toes with chloe out into the hallway, silently closing matt's door so he doesn't wake up.

"what was so important that you had to wake me up at 8 am on a saturday?" kaia asks, checking the time on her phone.

"you're never gonna believe it." chloe starts, full of energy.

kaia yawns and motions with her hand for chloe to continue.

"so chris was sleep talking and i swore i heard him say another girl's name, so i woke him up and started crying because i'm on my period, duh." she continues.

"rightfully so, continue." kaia sleepily wipes the morning crust out of her eyes.

"and, so, he woke up and i explained what happened and i got all mad at him and stood up to leave his room, and he stopped me at the door and kissed me and i was like, way taken off guard, obviously." chloe smiles.

"girl! he kissed you while you're sober?!" kaia exclaims quietly, shaking chloe's shoulders.

"yes! and when i asked him why he did, he said he's been in love with me since the two of us met the triplets, and he said he didn't wanna be with anyone else, and he fucking asked me to be his girlfriend!!" chloe raises her voice at the end, but kaia tries to hush her.

kaia's mouth drops and she spins chloe around in a huge hug.

"girl! you guys are finally dating?!" kaia whisper shouts.

"yes!!" chloe squeals.

"shhh, matt's sleeping!" kaia hushes her.

"sorry, i'm just so excited. i told him i was going pee, i had to come tell you right away." chloe hugs kaia again.

"girl. you realize we both got our boyfriends early in the morning from someone waking up from a dream, right?" kaia realizes.