51

irl, messages

since kaia has a doctor's note to take the rest of the week off of school, she sleeps in until around the time school is getting off, checking her phone to see several texts from matt.

she sits up properly and opens the messages, smiling at his constant enthusiasm to talk to her.

_________________________________________

my love ❤
gmmm kaiii i love u
how late are you sleeping in today?
answer meeee
wake up sleepy head
i gotta see u today
kaia elizabeth.
ughhhhhh whyyyy are you still sleeping school is almost done

kai 💋
lol sorry matt
i just woke up i gotta take advantage of the time off school yk
and i love you too

my love ❤
too? 😔

kai 💋
sorry i forgot
i love you matt**

my love ❤
ok thats better thank you
the bells gonna ring in a few minutes girl i gotta see you can i come over
chloe can drive them

kai 💋
lol yes you can come over
i'm pretty sure my mom left for groceries or something her car isnt here
oh actually she might be getting willow from daycare

my love ❤
YAY WILLY
i can't wait to see all of you

kai 💋
i'm gonna shower rq just head over after school

my love ❤
ok i will
see u soon pretty

kai 💋
see you soon handsome
my love ❤ liked this message
read 2:01pm

_________________________________________

kaia rushes around her room to grab clean clothes and all her things for a shower.

she hops in and showers as quick as she can, not wanting matt to see her with wet hair.

as soon as she finishes showering, she changes into clean clothes, blow drying and styling her hair quickly.

she's surprised that matt hasn't shown  up yet, it's now 2:35pm and school gets out at 2:10, plus it's only a 10 minute drive from the school to kaia's house.

she walks downstairs in her fresh clean outfit, fuzzy socks, and hair, grabbing a diet coke from the fridge and sitting on the couch to watch tv.

she turns on a background tv show and begins scrolling on tiktok. she sure was happy that people loved to edit her boyfriend, she likes and sometimes saves them for amusement.

after a few minutes of scrolling, the front door opens and in walks matt with willow in one arm, a bag of mcdonald's in the other.

"what on earth is this?" kaia laughs, turning off her phone and standing up to see them.

kaia's mom walks in after matt and willow, carrying her daycare bags.

"i was gonna stop at mcdonald's on the way here to grab us some food and i saw them inside, i got a little distracted in the play place with willow, but i still got the food and we're here now." matt laughs, setting willow down on the couch, the food on the counter.