15

irl, messages, social media

james and kaia exchange the typical "i had fun", "lets do this again" texts and she calls chloe to tell her everything.

as kaia is laying in bed trying to fall asleep, she thinks about james but matt's face pops into her head every few seconds anyway.

would james care if she wanted to just be friends with matt? is it even worth trying?

over the course of the next couple weeks, james and kaia go on a couple dates a week. nothing official yet, just going out and having fun.

at the beginning of matt having to be around james, he was miserable. he would go over to the triplets house every few days to play fortnite with chris, or just hangout with the other two.

over time, he got used to it. he didn't like it, though. he was sick of hearing james talk about kaia. and it was even worse having to constantly be on the lookout and avoid her at school.

she wasn't enjoying it either. she hated avoiding matt. he was the person she could always rely on and she would tell him everything and he never failed to make her feel better. sure, she also had chloe, but her relationship with matt was a different kind of close.

kaia enjoyed going on dates with james, hanging out with him, posting pictures together on insta, and she had true, genuine feelings for james. but, for some reason she could never fully shake the image of matt out of her head.

over those few weeks, she thought about the dream every day. she even had similar dreams again the more she would think about it. but she was slowly adjusting to life without matt. she has james, and she still has chris and nick with her at all times.

the pain of losing eachother's bestfriends hurt. bad. but everyone says time is the best healer. they weren't over it, but they were no longer grieving eachother.

kaia almost entirely stopped driving herself to school. james drove her to and from school every day that he was there. chloe started going with the triplets everyday. plus, she wasn't complaining. she liked the extra time to be around chris.

_________________________________________

james <3
you free tn?

kiki 😊
yeah i don't have anything going on
my little sister is here this weekend tho if you wanna meet her

james <3
um yes
i'd love to
everytime i'm over it's always on the weeks she's not there

kiki 😊
alr just get me after school you can come over

james <3
sounds good
what class u in rn?

kiki 😊
matt
math*
with chloe

james <3
lol does ur phone autocorrect to matt?

kiki 😊
yeah sometimes its annoying

james <3
must talk ab him alot

kiki 😊
not rly i mean sometimes he comes up w nick and chris

james <3
yeah makes sense
i have a question for you