5

"You ready to go?" Sweet Pea questioned as he sat on his motorcycle, waiting for Izzy to come outside

    Izzy looked to her side to see about six other teen Serpents parked behind Sweet Pea on their motorcycles, ready for the fight again the Northside.

   "I have my own bike, you know." She replied, crossing her arms.

    "Yeah, I know, but I insist. Please?" Izzy rolled her eyes as she quickly went back inside her trailer to get her jacket then went back outside.

  She took a seat on Sweet Pea's motorcycle, holding onto his waist as he started his bike up. The remaining bikes around them turned on their ignitions before following Sweet Pea and Izzy to the Northside of town.

                      • • • •

     Once the group of Serpents got to the house where the Northsider resided, Sweet Pea and the rest of them got off their bikes and made their way up the porch steps. Both Izzy and Sweet Pea lead the way to the house as if they were the Serpent's king and queen.

    Once they got up the steps, the front door had already opened. The red head looked ahead at the group of Serpents nervously, "How stupid are you Northsiders?" Sweet Pea scoffed, taking a step forward with Izzy beside him, "You really think you can come into our house, stick a gun in our faces, in front of our boys and there wouldn't be any payback?"

     Before he could reply, the front door to the Andrew's residence opened wider and a brown haired boy with a letterman jacket walked closer towards the Serpents, "You have crap timing, bro. Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch."

  "We'll see about that," Izzy remarked, "And the more the merrier." 

   The football player went to go step forward, but Sweet Pea protectively stood in front of Izzy while Archie pulled the other boy back, "Hey, chill," He warned them, "Veronica stay here."

  "What, Archie? No." The girl who was presumably named Veronica, argued.

   "Veronica, after what happened to my dad, I made a promise to protect him and this house. Stay here." He insisted.

      Archie sighed as he turned back around to face the Serpents, "If you wanna fight, let's fight."

  "What about your gun?" Izzy questioned, crossing her arms.

     "What about your knife?" Archie replied with attitude.

      "How about no weapons?" Veronica butted in annoyed, "If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there are going to be rules," She threatened, "Or should I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?"

       "How about her?" A boy from the Northsider's group questioned. He had brown hair and thick black glasses, "She shouldn't be able to fight." 

    Both Izzy and Sweet Pea laughed as they both turned to look at each other, "Oh, she fights." Sweet Pea widely grinned.

    Only a few moment after, it was already pouring out and the Bulldogs stood on one side of the street while the Serpents stood on the other. Izzy quickly adjusted her jacket before she lead the Serpents over to the Northside group.

      Archie was the one to throw the first punch. He punched Sweet Pea right across the face, blood dripped from his mouth as he took the hard hit and was knocked to the ground. Sweet Pea fell unconscious for a moment before he stood back up. Soon after, a full-on brawl occurred, the Riverdale Bulldogs versus the Southside Serpents.

   "I can't hit a girl." One of the Bulldogs said to Izzy, shaking his head.

     "Sucks for you," She replied before swinging a hard punch to his face, making him fall straight the ground.

    As Archie got knocked to the ground, he got kicked repeatedly by Sweet Pea. Sweet Pea looked over at Izzy to see her pulling a Northsider off of one of her fellow Serpents before punching him in the face. Sweet Pea couldn't help but smile at her.

  As the fight went on, Izzy watched as the Northsider with the glasses took out his pocket knife, "Dilton!" Archie yelled before he was knocked down by Izzy, who had come to help Sweet Pea get revenge on the dumbass who stuck a gun in their faces.

     Over and over, Izzy kicked Archie repeatedly. Every time he would try to get up, she would kick him even harder than she had hit him before.

     Before she could kick him again, Izzy was interrupted when she heard a gunshot fire. Izzy looked up to see the girl Veronica, holding a gun up to the sky as she stood in the rain.

    Izzy and Sweet Pea shared a glance before the both of them ran to his motorcycle and fled, the other Serpents following behind them.

                        • • • •

     "Ah!" Sweet Pea groaned in pain as Izzy helped him clean the bruise on his face.

    "Sit still," She replied, applying some antibiotics to his black eye before closing up the first aid and laying it on the coffee table.

       Izzy jokingly placed a kiss to to side of his cheek where he had the giant bruise, "Good as new."

     "I saw how you got a few punches in," Sweet Pea commented, "Feel bad for those dudes, they're going to be hurting bad tomorrow."

     Izzy chuckled as she went into the kitchen and took out a package of cookies and brought it over to the living room for her and Sweet Pea to share. Izzy had a cookie in her hand and was about to eat when Sweet Pea quickly
snatched it from her and ate it.

    "Hey! You might want to watch it, Sweet Pea!" She argued jokingly, "Remember that time in the second grade when I punched you in the face because you stole my damn cookie? Don't make me do it again, Sweets. I'll give you a black eye to match the other one."

    Sweet Pea laughed at his friend's comment, "I love when you're humorous. Not many people get to see you like that. I'm starting to think I should feel honored to see you smile."

"You should feel honored." Izzy replied jokingly.