18

Izzy was sitting with Betty and Kevin in the student lounge room when Veronica and Archie entered, kissing each other

    Izzy was sitting with Betty and Kevin in the student lounge room when Veronica and Archie entered, kissing each other. Izzy playfully rolled her eyes when she saw Betty and Archie stare at each other for a long moment. Something was definitely going on there.

  "Students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking. Emails have been sent to home to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside School is shut down." 

  Izzy gasped in excitement as she stood up, "Oh my god!"

"And its students will all be transferred including this one. I believe the statement we're releasing...will address your concerns and theirs."

  Veronica looked around too see people looking at each other in shock, "Okay, guys, no need to overreact, well, expect for Izzy, of course." Veronica smiled to see that Izzy looked somewhat happy for once since she met her. They had become somewhat friends since Izzy had transferred.  

  "We are welcoming these students with open minds, hearts and arms."

"Wait–What does that mean?" Archie questioned confused.

  Izzy smiled brightly, something she rarely did, especially since the move, "It means that Jones, Sweet Pea, all the Serpents, are coming here."

   "Betty? Are you ready for that?" Kevin asked his friend calmly.

"Of course, I'm just as ready as Izzy seems to be," Betty replied calmly, "Which is a definite yes."

  "But why is this happening now?" Archie asked confused.

  "Who knows," Veronica answered shrugging her shoulders as she crossed her arms, "It's organdy some bizarre Byzantine ordnance we couldn't possibly understand. And in the meantime, let's receive these exiles as if their were our own flesh and blood. Just like we did with Izzy. Who's in?"

  Izzy gave the Latina girl a questioning look before standing up from her seat on the couch, "I'm in. I'll make sure my people don't start any trouble," Izzy frowned when she heard herself speak, "I'm kidding. This school needs some trouble makers, it's too squeaky clean."

  The whole group rolled their eyes at her insulting comment, "What? You can take the girl out the Southside, but you can't take the Southside out the girl."

                          • • • •

Jughead was sitting on the outside steps of Southside High with Toni when all of a sudden, Fangs and Sweet Pea came bursting out the door cheering, "Whoo!"

    Fangs and Sweet Pea laughed as they playfully hit each other on the chest, "What's going on?" Jughead questioned, standing up from his seat on the concrete steps.

  "This hell hole is officially closed! We're done! No more Southside High!" Sweet Pea exclaimed as he and Fangs began to cheer again, more Serpents exiting the school.