25

"Wow, he is very fetching for someone who is living on skid row," Veronica commented at she stood in the student lounge room examining the picture of
Chic on Betty's phone.

    "Yeah, he's a hottie, who looks incredibly familiar by the way." Kevin added in, taking the phone from Veronica's grasp and staring at it.

    Izzy's mouth fell open slightly when she heard this come out of his mouth. What if he knew Chic the same way her and Fangs did.

   "Your adventures in the woods?" Jughead questioned, who was sitting beside Izzy on the couch.

   "I don't know, but maybe if we're allowed to meet this hottie in person like Izzy did...." Kevin trailed off just as Betty butted in.

  "Chic is still acclimating, and I'm trying to get him to trust me the way he trusts Izzy, but my mom is treating him like he's a ten year old and my dad's acting like he's the devils spawn."

   "Well, I have an amazing idea," Veronica proposed, "Bring the omen to Pickens day and we can all meet him. Everyone's coming, right?"

  "No," Jughead  scoffed, "The Serpents weren't invited."

"The Serpents were specifically asked  to come." Veronica argued.

   "Yeah to provide security. No way in hell am I letting the Serpents go their just to be used as security. We're apart of Riverdale too." Izzy defended her people and Veronica sighed.

  "You don't have to work if you don't want to."

  "The damage, as they say, has already been done." Jughead added in as he and Izzy turned their heads to see Toni and Sweet Pea from a distance. Toni was there to accompany Jughead to interview her grandfather for his oral presentation while Sweet Pea was there to go study. But they never actually ended up studying.

"Plans with Toni?" Betty asked Jughead as she watched him get up and grab his bag.

"Uh, Yeah, I'm interviewing her grandfather for my oral history report."

  "Don't forget the part where he's the oldest living Serpent." Izzy added in as she got up too.

                     • • • •

After taking a shower, Izzy had decided to head to bed early that night. Just as Izzy was about to turn off the light, there was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in!" Izzy replied and almost instantly after, Alice entered, "Alice?"

Without another word said, Alice took a seat on the foot of Izzy's bed, "I never got to ask you how you felt
about this." She remarked calmly.

"Feel about what?" Izzy asked her confused.

"You know, about Chic," Alice replied as if it were obvious, "You're apart of this family now, just like Chic is.I wanted to know what you thought of him. I asked him to tell me how he felt about you and he said that he trusted you more than anyone else in this house."

Izzy shrugged, "I don't know, it kinda feels like I can relate to him, I lost my parents at a very young age and got put into foster care just like he did. But I feel bad that he never had the chance to have a family at all." She explained and Alice nodded in agreement.

"You know, I never got to tell to how proud I was when I heard you saved Chic's life. Betty told me you punched him in the face and knocked him out," Alice commented and smiled, "The night of FP's Coming home party, I heard the Serpents talking about you and your million dollar punch. I didn't believe it at first, but now I know."

Izzy looked at Alice confused, why was she being so nice?

"I'm going to be honest with you, Izzy, but you can't tell Betty this, okay?" She asked and Izzy quickly nodded, "Lately I've been wishing that I haven't been as overprotective with Polly and Betty. Maybe they could have ended up like you, you know? One that's not afraid to get their hands dirty for the people she loves."

Izzy frowned, "Are you okay, Alice? Are you drunk?" She asked Alice concerned.

"What? No! Of course not," Alice argued in disbelief, "I just wanted to come here to tell you that Hal and I are fine with you living her long term. Honestly, it feels like Hal likes you more than Chic," Alice explained, "So, are you going to stay?"

Izzy shrugged her shoulders in response, "I love what Hal and you are doing for me. You know, taking me in and treating as your own, but I clearly don't belong on the Northside. Sometimes, a Serpent has to hibernate for the winter, and that's exactly what I'm doing until I can go back home."

Izzy frowned when she saw that Alice looked almost sad to hear her reply, "Did I say something?" Izzy asked confused, but Alice was quick suppress her emotions and put a smile on her face.

"I also came here to give you this," Alice spoke up as she handed Izzy a picture.

Izzy looked down at it to see Alice how holding an infant baby that looked a lot like Izzy for some unknown reason. Izzy examined picture more to see her father standing beside Alice with a wide grin on his face, "I heard you needed a baby pic from Betty." Alice stated as she handed Izzy the picture.

"H–How did you get this?" Izzy asked confused.

"Oh, I've had it for ages. I found it in the one of my old photo albums when I pulled them out from the attic to show them to Chic earlier today." Alice answered her questioned, "Just like I've told you before, I was close friends with your mother and father. We were all neighbors growing up."

Izzy slowly nodded as she looked up at Alice, "Why isn't my mom in the picture too then?"

Alice stood quiet for a moment, unable to form form the right words, "You're Mom was taking the picture." She stated more like a question rather than a statement.

AN: Omg, I found this in my drafts and this was supposed to be posted last week! I'm sorry! But just so you guys know, I'm working on the most recent episode rn because I just got done with my chapters for Lies. Oh, and, I won't be posting a chapter that has last week's Pickens day thing, I'm just going to mention it, that's all.