66

After Jughead and Archie finished making their plan on how to get the Serpents to stay at Riverdale High instead of being forced to transfer to SeasideHigh, all of the teenage Serpents that went to the school and many Northsiders, including Reggie, Cheryl, Archie, Josie, Veronica, and Moose, all stood together in the hallway near the front office, wearing Serpent jackets.

  Weatherbee walked out of the office to see everyone wearing Serpent jackets, causing him to become angry, "What's the meaning of this?" He questioned them and Archie was quick to answer.

 "It's a show of support, Sir," Archie replied in a calm tone, "For the Southsiders that are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone's ready to walk out, Principal Weatherbee."

 "Any student who walks out, better keep walking because they'll be expelled," Weatherbee announced loudly as he looked around at all of the students standing around him, both North and Southside.

"You're a good man, Principal Weatherbee, you're not the kind who discriminates. And if you are, then expel me, because I don't want to be apart of that." Archie explained to him.

 Weatherbee looked around at all of the students, staying quiet for a few moments before finally speaking up, "Everyone, get to class."

  A smile formed on Izzy's lips when she heard the principal's words. He had backed down and this meant that Sweet Pea and all of her Southside friends could stay. She turned to Sweet Pea, who was standing next to her, still smiling, "I guess that means that you get to say." She spoke up and Sweet Pea smiled back, nodding his head in agreement.

 "I guess it does," He replied, grabbing Izzy by the waist as he pulled her closer. She lifted head up before pressing a kiss to his lips.

_______

The next day, a large group of teenagers, both Bulldogs and Serpents, stood in the Student Lounge room, waiting for the announcement about who won the student election.

   Sweet Pea was sitting on one of the chairs with Izzy on his lap, playing with a deck of cards when the announcement started, "Attention all Riverdale High students," Weatherbee announced on the intercom, "The results of your student council election are in. Your new student body president is...Archie Andrews."

  Everyone in the room began to cheer for him, including Izzy and Sweet Pea, who clapped, "And unrelated news for the proceeded future, all former Southside High students will remain at Riverdale High. That is all."

  The clapping and cheering around them became louder and Izzy stood up from her seat on Sweet Pea's laps, "Whoo!" She shouted out excitedly. 

_____

Near the riverbanks, the Serpent gathered together. Izzy, Jughead, Fangs, and Sweet Pea all stood together, laughing about some joke Fangs had told them. Toni stood a few feet away from them with her girlfriend, Cheryl Blossom.

    Izzy watched as FP walked up onto the small stage. He loudly whistled, gaining everyone's attention, "Listen up, now!" He shouted out and everyone turned their heads to look at him, "Hey, listen up! Some sixty years ago, the very first Serpent meeting too place on these same riverbanks. It makes sense that this is where we gather now, where I..." FP stopped for a moment, almost as if he was hesitating on what he was about to say, "Where I say my goodbye."

  FP turned his head and extended his arm out as he looked over at Izzy, "Izzy, would you step up here," he insisted and Izzy gave him a confused look.

 She nodded her head, sharing a quick glance with her friends as she placed her plastic cup of beer on the ground before walking over to FP, "FP, what are you doing?" She asked him quietly as FP placed a hand on her shoulder.

  "What I should have done months, even years ago," He replied and Izzy became even more confused. He turned to the crowd once more as he voice became louder, "I'm retiring now, from the Serpents! For real this time," He announced and multiple people in the crowd began to talk with each other about it, "Woah, oh, oh. My girl...my daughter has never stopped fighting for this crew. Ever. Hell, she even nearly died for it. And that's why I'm giving you the mantle."

  The crowd began to cheer for her even though they knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. She looked over at her friend and smiled at them, even Jughead smiled, knowing that Izzy was way better equipped for the job than he ever would be. She watched as Sweet Pea gave Fangs a rough pat on the back, causing him to make a face when he groaned out in pain. She laughed at this, knowing Sweet Pea had done the same exact thing to her when he placed his hand on her bad shoulder the day before.

    "Now, as your first official duty as Serpent Queen," He spoke up as he gestured his hand to Toni, who walked over with a duffel bag in her hands. Toni opened the black duffel bag and took out a red leather Serpent and handed it to FP. She smiled as she looked down at it, knowing already that it was for Cheryl.

  "I think you know what to do with this," FP told Izzy as he handed her the jacket, "Take it."

  She looked up at her father, nodding her head in agreement as she took the jacket from his hands. The crowd began to chair, lifting up their cups of beers as a way of saying cheers.

  "Alright, people, alright," Izzy spoke up loudly to the group, "All I can is I love ya, FP, and the Serpents will never die out. Not on my watch," She said before looking over at Jughead, "Actually, I have one more thing to say...As leader of the Serpents, I would like to name Jughead as my second in command, my right-hand man."

   Izzy smiled when she saw Jughead's face become filled with shock, "Wait, what?" He frowned and Izzy rolled her eyes at his dumb question before turning to Cheryl.

   Cheryl smiled as she took off the jacket she was already wearing before walking over to where Izzy stood. Izzy helped the redhead get her jacket on and after spending so many nights with Toni she couldn't help but think of it all as 'Iconic'.

AN: I know Jughead's supposed to become leader and all, but this is my book and I think Izzy deserves it more lol. Oh, and I think I might do two more chapters instead of one before ending the book. And like, I kinda want to have Izzy and Sweet Pea have a smut scene before the book ends but I utterly suck at it.