55

That night, Izzy was at the Whyte Wyrm with Sweet Pea

That night, Izzy was at the Whyte Wyrm with Sweet Pea. Both teenagers were utterly silent, both of them clearly thinking about how their friend was arrested.

Sweet Pea let out a sigh as he began to speak up, "I understand why you kept that from me, Izzy. If you would have told me about Fangs being with Midge, he could have been at risk." Sweet Pea explained to his girlfriend and she nodded her head in response, but still didn't say a word as they sat near one of the pool tables.

The Whyte Wyrm didn't seem to be as busy that night as they usually did. Hogeye, of course, was still working his shift at the bar like he always did. There was also a few groups of elder Serpents hanging together, but none that were Izzy and Sweet Pea's age.

From the corner of her eye, Izzy saw Byrdie enter the bar after having a smoke. She stood up from her chair, causing Sweet Pea to stare at her in confusion, "Hey, Byrdie!" She called out, causing the female Serpent to turn and look at her, "Mind bumming me a smoke?" She questioned and Byrdie nodded her head as she walked over to her.

"Izzy, you don't even smoke anymore, remember? We both quit last year together." Sweet Pea reminded her, but Izzy completely ignored her.

Byrdie opened her pack of cigarettes and took one out before handing it to Izzy. Izzy placed the cigarette between her lips before gesturing for Byrdie to light it. Byrdie looked around and made sure nobody was looking before she lit it. It wasn't like Izzy would get in trouble for smoking in the bar, but Byrdie, on the other hand, would get in trouble.

"Thanks, B," Izzy thanked her before heading for the door with Sweet Pea following close behind.

As they made it outside, Izzy held the cigarette between her lips as she exhaled all the smoke out, "What's next, a pack a day again? Izzy, you can't--" Before Sweet Pea finished his sentence, Izzy was already running after something, causing him to frown.

"Hey, assholes! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Izzy shouted out.

The group of people who were in the middle of slashing all of the Serpents' tires quickly looked up before leaving. Izzy was about to chase after them until a dumpster suddenly was set on fire.

"These damn Northsiders! I swear to God, next time I see Reggie Mantle, I'm gonna kill him." Sweet Pea told her angrily.

"Not if I beat you to it," Izzy replied quietly.

______

After getting the idea from Jughead, Izzy and Jughead called Sierra McCoy, the former mayor, to be Fangs's   attorney.

Sierra, Jughead, and Izzy all stood outside of Fangs's cell as Sierra talked to him. Jughead and Izzy stood off to the side but still listened to their conversation.

"You're being held because you were in possession of a weapon on school property," Sierra explained to Fangs as she stood in front of the cell Fangs resided in.