16

Izzy groaned as she woke up in her bed

    Izzy groaned as she woke up in her bed. She was officially living at Alice Cooper's home now, something she would never get used to, ever.

  Just as she finished getting dressed, she heard a knock on the door, "May I come in?" A teenage girl's voice questioned. It was Betty.

  "Come on in." Izzy answered calmly, putting on her jacket before picking up her backpack.

   Betty opened the door and looked at her slightly shocked when she saw her wearing the Serpent jacket. Betty quickly brushed it off and put on a fake smile, "Don't even try to convince me to not wear it. I'm not going to school without it. I haven't gone to school without my Serpent jacket since I was nine. I even wear it in May and June when it's blazing out." Izzy spoke up, making Betty nod in agreement.

  "I understand that, just be careful wearing that. After the night of the fight, Riverdale High School students hate the Southside." Betty explained and Izzy rolled her eyes.

   "Well, they should be lucky that the feeling is mutual," Izzy told her as she followed Betty out the front door and walked with her to school.

   "Okay, just some tip to help you for your first day. Stay clear of Cheryl Blossom. Stay clear of the football team. And stay clear—"

  Izzy scoffed, "Am I just supposed to stay clear of every damn person at this ugly school? Sorry to break it to you, Betty Cooper, but that's not happening. Not in a million years. I'm going to make this last because I have to do that to make my family happy. If Jughead Jones can last at Southside High, I guess I'm just going to have try and last at Riverdale High."

  "Family?" Betty questioned, "What do you mean by family?"

  "The Serpents," Izzy answered and Betty gave her a questioning look, "Ah, you haven't got my back story yet. I'm Izabella Blake, the youngest person to ever join the Southside Serpents. My whole family died in a car crash on the way to my birthday surprise and I was the only survivor. My father was a Serpent, so the Serpents took me in and helped to raise me into a young adult. Not that they did a horrible job, but they didn't do a good one either," Izzy explained and Betty looked at her shocked.

    "I'm so so sorry. I didn't know that happened to your parents," Betty told her sympathetically, "I don't mean to ask you, but how can you deal with all those things in your life and still manage to keep a 4.6 GPA since freshman year?"

   Izzy looked up at her amused, Alice and her must have gotten her school records back, "What can I say I'm a legend."

   "So, did you guys see my whole record?" Izzy sighed as she followed Betty down the street, looking down at the street, worried that she was going to be judged by her already.

   Betty sighed, looking up at Izzy, "Yes, all thirty two pages," Betty's serious face turned into a wide grin as she began to laugh, making Izzy chuckle, "How can they write thirty two pages and you've only been at that high school for two years? That is beyond ridiculous!"