33

At the dinner table, Alice sat at the head of the table while Chic and Izzy sat on both sides of her

    Alice sighed deeply as she placed her phone back down on the table after sending Betty numerous texts about her being late for dinner, "This is so typical of your sister. She gets caught up in something and drops off the face of the earth." Alice told her two eldest children as she placed some peas on both Chic's and Izzy's plate.

   Izzy decided to keep her mouth shut about both Betty being at Jughead's  and also about her hating peas with a burning passion.

"What about Hal? Where's he?" Izzy questioned and just as Alice bean to answer him, there was a sudden knock on the door.

"That's probably him now," Alice replied as she was about to get up, but Izzy quickly stopped her when she got the feeling it wasn't Hal. Izzy pulled Alice back down by gripping onto her wrist.

  For some reason, she could tell by the way the person knocked that it wasn't Hal, "I'll get it." Izzy told her in a low tone and Alice stared at her in confusion.

"You sure?" Alice questioned and Izzy nodded before placing the napkin that was previously on her lap onto the table and then stood up from her chair.

  "Yeah, I'm sure," Izzy answered her before sharing a worried glance with Chie, who seemed to be as much on edge as Izzy was.

  Izzy took a deep breath before quickly walking towards the door.

    She slowly opened the door to reveal a middle aged man. He looked pretty sketchy in her opinion. He had a scruffy beard, white hair that was slicked back, and looked almost like a lowlife that she had seen in Centerville when she saved Chic's ass.

   The man eyed her for a moment before locking eyes with the visible Serpent tattoo on her neck.

"Can I help you?" She answered with attitude laced in her laced after she noticed him eying her Serpent tattoo. The man slowly looked up and stared at her directly in the eyes for a moment before speaking up.

"Hi. Is Chic home?" He asked her calmly and Izzy quickly glanced over to see Chic, who was basically hiding his head in his hands.

"Who?" She asked, lying to the man without any hesitation whatsoever, "Never heard of him, but good luck finding him." She answered quickly as she began the close the door in his face, only to have to him push it back open.

       Izzy looked at the man shocked, "Who do you think you are, asshole!" She shouted angrily.

•••••

Meanwhile later, Izzy sat on her knees, cleaning up the large pool of blood that was beside the man's dead corpse in the kitchen. Chic sat with his back against the kitchen counter, clearly in shock of what Izzy had done. And it wasn't for her benefit, it was for him.

"We need more paper towels," Alice breathed out as she watched Izzy repeatedly wipe up all the blood with the same paper towel that was already soaked in blood, "And bleach."

Alice put on some yellow rubber gloves before she knelt beside Izzy, assisting her eldest daughter with cleaning up all the blood, "How do you know so much about this?" Izzy questioned Alice as she quickly glanced over at the fallen lamp that had a blood stain on it and the pocket knife that was imbedded in the man's gut.

"I was a Serpent in my teenage years, remember? I know a lot about cleaning up, almost as much you do," Alice replied calmly, "But it seems you know a lot more about stabbing."

   "Hey, Chic's the one who hit him with that lamp and he ended up standing back up," Izzy argued calmly, "He came at me, I used self defense."

    Izzy groaned as she heard the front door close and Betty slowly walk over to them with wide eyes, "Mom? Izzy?" Betty gasped as she looked at the two females kneeling in the floor while cleaning blood of the hardwood floor.

"Betty! Did you lock the door behind you?" Izzy asked her quickly.

AN: Izzy hates peas who would have thought. The irony, am I right?

Shortest chapter I've ever done on this book. It was supposed to be with the previous chapter, but it literally 2200 words and I thought that was too much.