10

"Come on, Sweets, this way

"Come on, Sweets, this way." Izzy sighed, struggling to hold Sweet Pea up as they walked into her trailer. She had no clue where Sweet Pea's house keys were so she decided to bring him to her house instead.

   Izzy lost balance after taking off her leather jacket, while she was still holding Sweet Pea up and ended up falling to the floor, with Sweet Pea hovering over her. Luckily, Sweet Pea instantly held himself up before he could fall on her. He must have been sobering up just a bit.

    Izzy sighed as she slowly looked up, directly into Sweet Pea's dark brown eyes. Izzy's breath got heavier and she couldn't help, but smile slightly. She quickly brushed it off and positioned her lips back into a more serious and stern look, "Are you going to get off or are you going to hover over me for the whole damn night?" She questioned, ruining the whole intimate moment.

     "I don't know," Sweet Pea joked, "I kinda like this position."

   Izzy rolled her eyes, she knew if Sweet Pea was completely sober, he wouldn't be doing this. Hey, at least he was letting lose for once.

      Izzy's eyes widened as she watched Sweet Pea's gaze trail down to her lips.
She couldn't. She couldn't let this happen.

    Izzy gasped as she quickly pushed Sweet Pea away from her and stood up. Sweet Pea looked at her shocked for a moment as before he got up from the ground also, "Are you okay?" Sweet Pea asked his best friend with a face full of concern. Sweet Pea sighed, "Look, I'm sorry, I—"

   "No!" Izzy interrupted Sweet Pea, "I can't, I just can't. I can't kiss you. And you can't kiss me either. I can't let myself feel for you. And you shouldn't feel for me either. I'm just going to end up hurting you in fear that you'll hurt me first. And I don't wanna do that, I don't want to hurt you. You're my best friend. But I am the definition of damaged. Why would you even want to be with someone as damaged as me? It's stupid that you would want someone like me." Izzy explained, not even bothering to notice that she had tears streaming down her face.

   Sweet Pea looked at his friend with a sad look. Did she really feel this way? Was she really that scared to feel?

  Sweet Pea did not know what to say to her, he didn't want to set her off anymore. He saw that she was crying and had the need to hug her. He didn't care that she was pissed at him. She walked over to Izzy and pulled his best friend into a hug, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

  "It's my fault, not yours." Izzy quietly answered before pulling away from the hug to look up at Sweet Pea. Why was it that she had just finished telling Sweet Pea that their relationship couldn't be anymore than a friendship, yet she still wanted more than that, deep down inside.

   Izzy knew that this went against everything that she had just said, but she had the need to do it anyway. Izzy held each sides of Sweet Pea's face and pulled him in for a kiss. Sweet Pea was confused of why she was kissing him after what she had just told him, but didn't bother to question her actions.

    There was a slightly push and pull between the two until Izzy's back pressed against the cold wall of the living room. Izzy helped take off Sweet Pea's jacket as they kept their lips attached.

       Izzy looked at Sweet Pea confused when he pulled away from the kiss, "You sure about this? I don't want to—"

   Before Sweet Pea could finish his statement, Izzy cut him off, "I'm sure!" She answered quickly and Sweet Pea nodded.

      Before their lips locked again, both Izzy and Sweet Pea took off their almost matching shirts. The two couldn't help but smirk at each other before they kissed again.

• • •

AN: Wow, is it me or did things escalate quickly? 😂